Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 07:26 PM        Old Black Sabbath
Did anyone ever notice how Christian the lyrics on some old Black Sabbath songs are? Its just interesting how they were one of the first metal bands and they were pretty ardently Christian :/

subterfuge is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 01:42 AM       
Ozzy has never in his life pretended to be anything other than what he is. A Christian. (Or, Christian/Catholic, if ya wanna get specific.) Every dumbass got some idea he was Satanic for some lame reason, but his lyrics have never stated anything leading to that. Biting heads off of little animals was all for show. Eh, Christians used to sacrifice goats, and Christians make bad desisions like anyone else, so whatever. Both of his children went to Christian schools. Whatever their beliefs are, I have no idea. Refer to the song, "After Forever," if you have any more questions.

I don't know why it's so weird to you that Christians make metal. Music itself has no religious denomination. It's the lyrics that make it what it is.

Tourniquet (early 1990's) had 2 of the most talented metal guitar players in the world, recognized by everyone in the metal genre, not just Christians.

As I Lie Dying, Zao, Extol, 7th Angel, Mortification, Crucified, The Blamed, Living Sacrifice, and hundreds more: All metal and death metal bands, all Christian, all talented and hardcore as anyone else of any other religion.

Even glamrockers Twisted Sister were Christians, and for reference listen to "Burn in Hell."

And OMGWTFASL!!??? There are Christians in Industrial and Goth music too!! And rap! And athiests who are named Johnathan and Michael and Luke and Matthew and Jason, names taken directly from the Bible!!! No ways!! How can this be???!?!
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:28 PM       
YOU GOT SERVED.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 06:22 PM       
I'm just saying that Black Sabbath was a major influence on a lot of satanic music, and yet it was christian.
I still dont' like most christian metal bands because like most christian youth of this day and age, they are dumbasses. Not to say that Black Sabbath isn't awesome.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 06:27 PM       
LET'S SEE YOU DANCE, SUCKA, YOU GOT NOTHIN' ON ME!

subterfuge is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 08:59 PM       
Hehe.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 10:16 AM       
Nothing's more satanic than Christianity.