Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:06 AM        Warning Forever (INCREDIBLE)
This game is excellent. Kind of like a top-down vertical shooter, but much more simplistic and awexome.

Best of all, it's free. Download the latest version http://www18.big.or.jp/~hikoza/Prod/...cgi?product=wf here and you'll be playing in two minutes. It can run on pretty much any type of computer, too.

I'd put screenshots, but you really have to experience it for yourself.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:51 AM       
i got ten million is that good
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:48 AM       
After so many levels I just kept getting the same enemy ship.

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 01:54 AM       
liar

I got up to level 19 and about 14 million points and I was getting different types of ships each time--it'd be the same ship, basically, except it'd have something different on it (the last one I got was The Infinity with Giga Smashers or something).

By the way, if my scores seem high, it's because I always put it on infinite lives and 999 seconds. With each death, it takes 20 seconds, and it's damn hard in the later levels.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 04:07 AM       
i only played it once with the default settings but i got to level 10 with 5 million points :0
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 07:44 AM       
i got 11 million now, on defaults
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:11 AM       
I was playing that pretty hardcore for 2 months or so. My best is level 25, and I'm pretty confident the game ends after that but I just fuck up once or twice more than I can afford and run out of time.
proof:

There's lots of ways to play this. According to what you blow up first, the enemy gets different mutations and stuff. Pretty strategic really. One of the best abstract shooters so far.

If you wanna get some better scores, there's this trick. When shooting with the default weapon (non-guided), press left and right very rapidly with the 'slow' button pressed. This will in effect, keep you right where you stand, but the cone of the shots will dramatically get more concentrated. To explain what sort of effect this has, I can destroy the first iteration of the enemy in 5.5 seconds, best, using this trick.

If you reach level 10 and you don't have 300 seconds to spare (if I remember correctly), you're getting nowhere if you wanna finish this.

But beware of tendon damage to your directional keys arm. This isn't a joke. Almost messed up my arm with all the left/right pressing which is why I gave up on it too.

Also, I got to level 25 on this by basically destroying it head on for the first 5 stages, and then just bust it up a little sideways for two levels or so so it doesn't grow ALL in your face. After that, if you're quick and a bit lucky, in the first 5 seconds of each round you'll blow off the front pseudopods, getting a clear shot at the joints of the other two and eventually the core. It's simpler than it sounds.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
liar

I got up to level 19 and about 14 million points and I was getting different types of ships each time--it'd be the same ship, basically, except it'd have something different on it (the last one I got was The Infinity with Giga Smashers or something).

By the way, if my scores seem high, it's because I always put it on infinite lives and 999 seconds. With each death, it takes 20 seconds, and it's damn hard in the later levels.
pussy. all my highscores are on defaults. I didn't even know you could alter shit in the new version since I have been keeping up with it since the first public release on home of the underdogs that had none of that fancy stuff (but you could go up more than 300 seconds )