Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Robot
Zero V2 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:44 PM        Looking for a game...
I'm looking for something like the Mega Man Zero or Metal Storm games. Basically, a fast-paced side scroller.

Anyone know of any in particular?
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM       
The Mega Man ZX games? :V

Also, any of Treasure's side scrollers. Gunstar Heroes/Super Heroes, Mischief Makers (<333333333333333), etc.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM       
Mario
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM       
can someone explain the appeal of mischief makers? I remember renting it and disliking the controls and much else.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:41 PM       
I've loved the shit out of Mischief Makers since I was a kid, but it's really broken and only half-done so I can see why someone wouldn't like it :<

What I enjoy about it are all the great ideas most of the platforming levels and boss fights have. Almost none of them are fully realized, though. The Lava world probably has the most "done" levels out of all the rest of them.

Also, it's full of weird Japanese quirk humor, so faggots like me and PG love it automatically.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Mar 3rd, 2009 at 12:36 AM.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:25 PM       
Mischief Makers was just really different, is all. Once you get past the rendered sprites, the game starts to open up. The bosses really work your reflexes and your brain, but don't get stupidly overwhelming.

Sometimes you need to ride a kitten ontop of a rocket in order to throw other rockets at a giant robot dog/motorcycle that's chasing you down. Another boss has you piledriving a giant nuclear tank/robot sasquatch. There's a stage where you're navigating through a battlefield as soldiers blow the fuck out of everything, and you can grab their weapons and use them to clear a path. Clanpot was pretty cool too, albeit a tad slow.

If you play on a controller that isn't an N64 controller (yay emulation), then the controls shouldn't bother you too much (a controller with three hand grips! Brilliant idea!)

Also, I don't think it was half done, save for maybe the final world, which is literally half the size of the other worlds. Too it's credit, though, that final world was jammed with some of the coolest stages and fights. And I thought the lava world was annoying as fuck. Once the Snow World started up, I started to really dig it ("The Day Before" was a throwaway stage, though). Then World 4 started getting into the more puzzle-y stages, like ghost hunting and King Aester's Maze. Rescuing Marina as Tristan was pretty rad too.

Now I need to download it

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:15 PM       
Maybe I'll give it another shot then. Hopefully I'll be able to look past the shortcomings.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:38 PM       
you want a fast paced then play the metal slug series and of course contra

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM       
Try getting Hellfire for the genesis. It's kind of like R-Type but ridiculous.
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM       
Metal Warriors
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM       
Castle Crashers
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:04 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M_c_...eature=related
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM       
Just play Ranger X.

That was very funny. Well done.