Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 12:50 PM       
"First of all, I'm pleased you personally would find this comforting, but a lot of folks in both countrys may not."

It's not for you to say that someone can't handle freedom or doesn't want it.

Also, every American want security.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 01:20 PM       
"He, Ronnie Raygun, me, and 66% of the U.S."
-Pantydude

I may have read the poll question wrong. I missed the phrasing about aboslute surety without doubt or regret. You know, the kind of surety about life or death decisions only a complete simpleton could have?

"It's not for you to say that someone can't handle freedom or doesn't want it. "
-Naldo

A.) It was the statement and not the 'freedom' I was calling into question. If Anyone besides you was capable of missing that, I apologize.

B.) Even if I was questioning 'freedom' , which I was not, it's a very fluid word. I rather think that in their freedom they'll find civil war and military dictatorship with us as the rulers. In any case
It's not for you to say what anyone besides yourself will feel comforted by when their loved ones die.

And of course "every American wants secuirty" I believe invasion of Iraq will decrease mine. I believe you are deliberately pretending to miss points. It's fine for you to disagree, but pretending you don't understand... well that's a lot like lieing.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 10:02 PM       
I for one am psyched about the lecture on probabilities. It's always useful to equate human suffering with percentages and numbers, IMO.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 07:56 AM       
Yeah, turns out discussion of probability theory is a really hot ticket in grief counseling these days. Victims families seem to find it really comforting.