Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM        Suddenly unemployed
Well, friends, I have become a statistic. On Tuesday I got a call not to come in to work, that my work email and phone had been shut off and that I would need to make arrangements with security to turn in my badge and keys and pick up my stuff.

I worked for the Museum for sixteen years. They laid off forty employees, a number of whom had worked there more than thirty years. Over half the employees let go were in the exhibits department, which no longer exists. Just what a museum without an exhibits department is, I'm not entirely sure.

I'm hopeful that I will land on my 46 year old slightly overweight cat feet, and that whatever comes next is better than what I had. Lord knows it never paid very well.

But after sixteen years, it feels very sad and odd not to be a Museum of Science guy.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM       
Don't worry; you'll be working at another Museum of Science and being paid similarly in no time, buddy!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM       
I think it's time to start asking Rog to cough up some cash for almost 10 years of writing for his website :o

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM       
I'm sorry to hear that Max, that must feel horrible. Hopefully your years of experience will land you another job soon.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM       
What do you know? i am being laid off from work sometime in the next month. It was supposed to happen last may 30th but there was a fuck up with the new building in auburn that it didn't meet the standard hazmat code so the move of my company had been delayed. what do you say that we hang out at salem willow, drink couple of 40's, smoke up some maui wowie and complain about life?
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 04:39 PM       
Sorry to hear the bad new Max, best of luck and I am certain that after 16 years you certainly have a plethora of skills transferable to a multitude of trades. You will do just fine, with your chubby feet under you.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 10:30 PM       
Hang in there, Max. I was where you are about 9 years ago, and it all worked out. Have faith, scour the want ads, make cold phone calls and don't let the bastards get you down.
You may already be there.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 11:26 PM       
Max, how awful. Not only do I hope you pull through, but that you get a job offer that puts you in a better situation than you were in before. I really believe that things like this happen for a reason.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 02:24 AM       
That's weak, dude. My father's been experiencing severe layoffs at his work too, so I know what it's like (albeit in a different field from yours. He did work at a Museum of Science way back, though.)

I'm with Miss Modular when I say that I hope your next job is a more enjoyable experience than your last.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 05:58 AM       
You'll just have to find a new job in which being fired from a museum of science is considered an advantage.
I suggest the museum of creation science.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 01:58 PM       
There's a job opening at the Dupseville Anthropological Museum for styling homo rhodesiensis exhibit hairs.

Okay, maybe not, but still... If something related opens up I know who to contact. Fair winds my friend.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
Welp, now you're in a fixin' Max! I told you that cohmehday thang is just fer daydreamers and high school dropouts. Now git yerself a delivery jab to start yourself out right before you start starvin', don' wanna git yerself too depressed before ya do yerself in in regrets. Now Ma told me somethin too, but I can't remember too well, somethin' about suckin' it up. Wait, is she sayin' ta' do what them homos do? Them crack homos? Well don't listen to yer Mother she's always been a bit daft like that but someone has ta take care of 'er but at least she didn't do yer raisin, I tell ya' what. Girls for girls and boys for boys I always say. What the heck you gawkin' at? In the Good Lord's name git out of here and quit makin' those funny faces at me, hope you never wonder why I don't put up with you in my house.

Good luck Max, hope all goes well.