Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 04:57 PM       
Alrighty, I had a few minutes to spare this afternoon, so I just installed that plugin that prevents users from posting links until they have 10 posts. Please register a test account or two and let me know if it's working.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM       
Yeah, that was me. I hope this isn't too good to be true.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim
Nope, it didn't work. I was able to post links as "fakespammertest"
When I try to set the permissions "For Individual Forums | For All Existing Forums" I get thrown to the Smilies FAQ page.

Someone in the mod installation thread mentioned "You need to turn on the mod before you try, and be sure you are superadmin when you do. Once you turn it on it will allow you to set all rather than take you to the smilies page. When it's turned off it takes you to smilies."

But as far as I can tell, I have the mod turned on. :/
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:19 PM       
Ok try again with another new account and make a new post in General Blabber and let me know if it works.

It should let you post, but shouldn't let any links appear.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM       
Somebody test it : O
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:34 PM       
Testing worked. No newly registered poster should be able to post links until they make 5 posts without them.

Hopefully this works the way it's supposed to, unless we suddenly get a wave of non-spamming spambots.

(╯°□°)╯︵
the_rapist is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM       
hey it even doesn't let you have a signature with links in it doesnt it

neat

edit: correction, it doesn't let you have a signature AT ALL
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:51 PM       
Oh right, I forgot about the sig spammers.

I'm counting chickens while they're all hell of still in eggs like a motherfucker, but this is the greatest thing ever

(╯°□°)╯︵
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM       
is the minimum posts # adjustable

i'd feel safer with 10 or more tbh
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 06:00 PM       
Glad to hear it works! Let's leave the minimum number of posts at 5 right now. If it becomes a problem, I'll increase it to 10 posts later on.

Also, thanks for tracking down this mod, Esuohlim. I'm sure it'll make the lives of the other mods & admins a lot easier too. Good find
(╯°□°)╯︵
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM       
oh wow also you can't READ links/images in sigs until you've got 10 posts
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 07:31 PM       
hmm or not.

further tests required
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 07:32 PM       
okay the sig's showing up despite only having 4 posts but it crossed 5 posts before i deleted one so i don't know for sure if it allows sig links or not

i know sigs weren't VISIBLE when i was logged in though
OH GOD
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 07:36 PM       
yeah, when logged in as the_rapist i can't even see signatures, but when logged out i see everything except sig links and images which are replaced with "YOU MUST HAVE 10 POSTS TO VIEW IMAGES OR LINKS, YOU HAVE 0" so that's weird
OH GOD
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM       
on the plus side though not allowed to PM anyone but mods until postcount minimums are reached, so at least pm spam will be blocked
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM       
I just deleted spam without links, but urls were still there

Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:16 PM       
Ok, I'm not sure what the problem is. Can somebody summarize what's wrong when you're logged in as a new user and what's wrong when you're not logged in at all?
OH GOD
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:25 PM       
i'm not sure it's something WRONG, per se. I created a new account and could not see anybody's signature until I got past 5 posts, and when I was logged out it gave me a message in place of each link in a signature that I was not allowed to view said link until I had 10 posts.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:31 PM       
Ok try both logged in with a new account and logged out now and lemme know if it's any better. The documentation with this plugin is pretty shitty, so it's a lot of trial & error.
OH GOD
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM       
VISUAL DEPICTION
OH GOD
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:35 PM       
whoops, didn't see your post while i was making picture. I'll test again
OH GOD
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:38 PM       
yeah the <5 posts account still can't see signatures at all, but logged out people can