Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 01:50 PM       

I'm cooking my pumpkin pie today because I likes it cold.

This is my first thanksgiving not having to travel in a very, very long time. I'm excited that I'm finally going to be able to see the parade on TV. It's the little things.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 02:03 PM       
cold pumpkin pie is deeelish
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 03:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Disabled in some way? Parents dead?
My dad has kidney failure, so I can get benefits while I'm in highschool. I feel kinda like a douche for taking advantage on it, but hey, I need money.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 03:37 PM       
Did it take a long time to get approved for it?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM       
Dude, the government takes from SS all the time to pay for other bills. Don't feel so bad.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Yes, elx. It's just an application of heat like any other, just don't burn your damn house down. It shouldn't take very long to reheat, and you wouldn't want to recook it.
burning the house down is a very likely possibility - my mom has been in the hospital for a month or so and since she's gone i'm the one in charge of preparing the 15 dishes and 3 desserts she makes every year for the holiday. the problem is, i've never even cooked a full meal by myself before, let alone something this massive. but i figure if i'm able to cook half of it tonight and reheat it tomorrow i'll be golden

hope the rest of you have a better holiday and a more edible meal tomorrow ~

edit: also, thanks you two!

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
Are you cooking a turkey for the first time? remeber to get your hand way up in it to pull out the gizzards, sometimes they are in a plastic bag and you might cook plastic into the turkey.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM       
also, sorry to hear about your mom.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Are you cooking a turkey for the first time? remeber to get your hand way up in it to pull out the gizzards, sometimes they are in a plastic bag and you might cook plastic into the turkey.
yeah i am i was able to talk my brothers into cooking the turkey + ham but then they came up with this deep frying scheme and so i fired them out of concern.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM       
I hear deep fried turkey is the best ever. I'm supprised you didn't help her out in the kitchen before. You're a naughty child.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM       
Deep fried turkey tastes so fucking good. My extended family made it once and we ate the shit out of it.
Amicable Herculean
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM       
I'm going to try Turducken for the first time. Hopefully it won't suck.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 07:31 PM       
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 11:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Did it take a long time to get approved for it?
Surprisingly, no. It only took about a month before I got the affirmative.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:07 AM       
I see NASA's put up a whole other thing about 2012:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 04:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
the problem is, i've never even cooked a full meal by myself before
Whaaaaaa?

Oh well. Good luck jumping from never cooked a meal to making thanksgiving dinner for a family though.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 04:33 AM       
I have a great respect for the Joy of Cooking - that book has never let me down.

Heard lots of good things about deep-fried turkey, but I've never had the pleasure.

How massive is the turkey, elx?
You may already be there.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 05:04 AM       
i cant wait for tomorrow
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 05:05 AM       
I have weed AND tons of food
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 05:52 AM       
My mother invited me over to Thanksgiving at her new boyfriend's parents' house. We're gonna have good times.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 08:41 AM       
All my family (including extended) is apparently going to my dad's house, except me. My Thanksgiving sounds like it'll be a lot like kohljumanji's - a plate of food and a bowl of something else.

Deep-fried turkey sounds awesome.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM       
I just looked up root beer. I cannot imagine what it tastes like. Description, anyone?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM       
What? Really? Either it's the best pop in the world or you will puke. I love rootbeer floats.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM       
it tastes like sassafras.
Amicable Herculean
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:55 PM       
I really don't now how to describe it. I would say "vaguley medicine-like."