Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:29 AM        Powell: Administration Fall Guy or just another bastard?
Okay, I'd pretty much lost what respect I had for him after his trumped up bogus UN testimony. Now he's seeing what he can do about measuring up to the neocon standard of hypocrisy.

Powell Cautions Kennedy on Iraq Remarks

WASHINGTON - (AP) Secretary of State Colin Powell cautioned Sen. Edward M. Kennedy to be more careful in criticizing the war in Iraq after the Massachusetts Democrat called the conflict "George Bush's Vietnam."

Kennedy "should be a little more restrained and careful in his comments because we are at war," Powell said Tuesday on Fox News Radio's "Tony Snow Show."

Powell said debating the Iraq war was appropriate and an important part of American democracy. But, he said, "this is the also the time that we rally the nation behind the challenge that we face in Iraq and Afghanistan (news - web sites)."

Powell acknowledged that he did not see Kennedy's speech because he was in Haiti, where he met with the country's interim government.

Kennedy said Bush misled the public about the war, the economy and education, compromising America's reputation at home and abroad.

"In this administration, truth is the first casualty of policy," said Kennedy, a prominent supporter of fellow Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry's bid for the White House.

Kennedy spokesman David Smith said the senator "has an enormous amount of respect for Secretary of State Colin Powell and he understands why the secretary feels the need to defend the president's policies."

Do I need to remind anyone of the shit these same guys were saying about the War in Kosovo, a war with 0 US casualties that comes as close to achieving it's goals as any modern war you want to talk about? All war is a horror show, but unless you count the Invasion of Grenada, Kosovo looks like a sunday school picnic comapred to Afghanistan (where now?) or Iraq.

I thought what the Republicans had to say then was perfectly acceptable talk from the opposition party. What the hell is this criticism from Powell, his Ari Fleischer impersonation?