Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2003, 03:02 PM        the soulseek god has giveth new music...
almost 300 new albums in one week.
i am happy.
here's the cream of the crop from what i've listened to so far, along with some overdue props of things i actually purchased in the past month or so...

hair police - history of ghost dad (former punk kids doing squelchy noise-rock that really avoids sounding like much else in the genre.)
dukes of stratosphear - chips from the chocolate fireball (psych-pop from half-assed secretive xtc folks.)
iran - the moon boys (catchy as fuck bedroom pop songs caught in bed with static, noise, and a host of others. all of you fans of xiu xiu should definitely check this out.)
reynols - "-------" (wow. like, if sun city girls, jandek, and early skullflower were fronted by an argentinan daniel johnston. truly weird.)
asa-chang & junray - jun ray song chang (truly no genre defines this... instrumental post-post-post-everything but with vocals. only spliced and fucked up and turned into their own instrument. if the first track were a little less weak compared to the rest of the album i would say this might be the best of the batch so far.)
the hidden cameras - the smell of our town (beautiful, gentle chamber pop from a bunch of fags! boys all over the world are making out to this, i'm sure!)
tonto's expanding head band - tonto rides again (collection of their only two albums. basically, these songs are some of the earliest recordings of electronic music and are the best of their time without question.)
mirror - the view (truly one of the saddest pieces of music in existence if only due to the fact that only 150 copies exist, thereby marking this, undoubtedly one of the most beautiful drone performances yet, down as yet another "unavailable, out of print" item mere weeks after it's release.
knead - s/t (do you like loud prog-rock? do you like insanely technical musicianship that DOESN'T smother itself with it's own inflated cock 'n balls? you want knead! knead is keiji haino, master of the drone, and the boys from ruins, masters of the prog. you really should just check it out.)
sun city girls - 330,003 crossdressers from beyond the rig veda (2xcd that somehow manages to equal "torch of the mystics". indian violins clashing with gamelan rumble jazz. probably the greatest 2xcd release in history!
mainliner - mellow out (the most mind-blowingly heavy psych album ever distorted to the point of nearly being a stoner metal release! acid mothers templer kawabata on guitar and really probably topping everything acid mothers have put out so far, maybe with "in c" being the only exception. check that one out, too.

avarus - iii (shit, another group who blow everyone else out of the water who insist on only putting out ultra-limited records! at least this one's still around, as far as i know. this band is even better than no neck blues band. free-rock psych sitar skitter hippie magnificence! really makes one wonder why people listen to spiritualized when they get high... my new favorite album.

and hey, i bought the friends forever dvd. skimpier on displaying their music than i had hoped (although i'm sure that was on purpose), it was still great. if you have any interest in a rock band that pulls up next to clubs or into random parking lots and puts on wild shows complete with smoke, pyro, fireworks, lights, and other costumed mayhem from inside their van, only to give away all their merchandise and try to leave before the cops show up then you would probably enjoy this.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 01:30 AM       
uhh
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 01:26 PM       
www.slsk.org

Goooooood shit.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid