Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM       
I've had more than one person tell me they bought the PS3 for the Bluetooth and to this day I have no idea what that means
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM       
My brother just bought a sony viao. It can use a bluetooth mouse. We were trying to figure out if that is a good thing or not. Isn't just another wirless protocol? I have wireless mouse and keyboard, but the come with an adapter that plugs into my usb. I guess bluetooth would keep that usb port free, but is it as fast as my adapter setup? That is the question I have running in my head.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 09:29 PM       
It's pretty good to have bluetooth support as you can easily hook up a bluetooth keyboard and use it with the web-browser or whatever, or even pull media off certain devices but it's hard to imagine anyone buying a PS3 specifically for the bluetooth support :/
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
My brother just bought a sony viao. It can use a bluetooth mouse. We were trying to figure out if that is a good thing or not. Isn't just another wirless protocol? I have wireless mouse and keyboard, but the come with an adapter that plugs into my usb. I guess bluetooth would keep that usb port free, but is it as fast as my adapter setup? That is the question I have running in my head.
Bluetooth is a unified standard. That is its edge. It's also crack-able.

bt-audit is one of the reasons I don't own a cell phone.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 10:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
It's pretty good to have bluetooth support as you can easily hook up a bluetooth keyboard and use it with the web-browser or whatever, or even pull media off certain devices but it's hard to imagine anyone buying a PS3 specifically for the bluetooth support :/
They probably meant Blu-Ray. Just illustrating that 85% of the people who buy video games are uninformed fucks.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 10:27 PM       
Well you can set up a lot of stuff up with the PS3, since it's such a good media center, people buy it for that purpose and then get into games because they realize, oh it plays AMAZING GAMES!

Did i mention, NON PROPRIETARY HARDWARE and a FREE built in browser?!?!?!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 11:29 PM       
It's okay, folks! He's just kidding!
Banned
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 03:43 PM       
I am not kidding about the ability to use A LOT OF THINGS YOU BOUGHT in your HOUSE on the PS3 instead of buying some piece of shit white plastic microphone or harddrive you can only use on the 360.
The browser is also great for watching Hulu and Youtube on your TV, yes you can use a ton of different things to do that but its built into the ps3, and it's not free on the wii anymore.
Also, controllers with built in rechargable batteries, you know for those people that dont really want to buy batteries or rechargable ones at that.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 04:02 PM       
Oh really? Because I just stream all that stuff from my computer to my xbox and watch it on my tv. Sounds pretty much like the same exact thing. I wonder what the difference can be.... Oh yea! The extra $200 bucks I have in my wallet.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 05:13 PM       
This whole thread is making me wish my 360 was fixed. Sure, it only had Halo and Gears of War, but it's either that, or play Lair on a PS3.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 06:02 PM       
Alright, microbrat's whining is past the point where it's funny and it's only annoying now.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 06:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Oh really? Because I just stream all that stuff from my computer to my xbox and watch it on my tv. Sounds pretty much like the same exact thing. I wonder what the difference can be.... Oh yea! The extra $200 bucks I have in my wallet.
No i think that was wasted on xbox live, an hdd and maybe even wi-fi
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 06:42 PM       
See? If there isn't a rule about rampant fanboyism, there fucking should be. Or just ban this one.

Banned
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 06:46 PM       
Yeah Zomboid, i thought you mentioned about 10 times that im a fanboy! A PC/PS3 loving fanboy!
The Wolf
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 06:57 PM       
You remind me of this real winner of a kid that I went to Jr High with. He was a pretty ugly kid, not very bright, but he always tried to join in on stuff with my friends and I. Normally, we might've been willing to let him hang out with us, despite all of his obvious flaws, but this kid was ALWAYS talking about how great fucking Nike is. It was so annoying, but this kid never fucking shut up about it and he always tried to steer the conversation in that way. Eventually, he must've wised up and realized that no one liked him, 'cause he fucked off.

When is your moment of clarity going to occur?

Banned
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:06 PM       
Sounds like you made up a great story to try to hurt me in some way? Maybe you should bring up something to the table other than "OH let me write something witty and clever, maybe the others on here will accept me"
Stop trying to make this forum a mini 4-chan.
The Wolf
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:10 PM       
It's a true story. Guy's name was Scott. He now climbs power poles, or something like that, for a living.

Thing is, I don't have to make up a fucking thing to make you look like the little brat that you are, because you keep doing it yourself with every single post.

And yeah, you caught me with the 4chan thing. I love that shit and I'm trying to change these forums by... "making up stories."

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:20 PM       
The rule about ranting fanboyism is that it belongs in this damn thread.

And Micro, he raises a valid point: you keep going on and on about the PS3, but you've driven away any support you might have had with your fanatical devotion. At this point, everyone is more or less just saying whatever they can to annoy you.

Why even bother with this anymore? Are you hoping that the people who like the 360 will suddenly cave in and buy a PS3 because you finally wrote "the 360 has no games, the PS3 has powa!" enough times to break them down?

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Maybe you should bring up something to the table other than "OH let me write something witty and clever, maybe the others on here will accept me"
Is there something wrong with being witty and clever?
Banned
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 08:10 PM       
The point is, people say stupid shit on here like " the 40 plus percent of 360's that failed are obviously people that dont give a shit about their console, right? not shitty hardware or anything"

I don't think i've said anything wrong about the ps3 if im talking about purely hardware, my opinions like i think the games are better aren't facts.
And if i was a true ps3 fanboy, i wouldnt love playing on the pc as well.

And no there's nothing wrong with being witty and clever but zomboid repeatedly tries, i swear he spends like 15 minutes at the keyboard muttering , "no, thats not right"
The Wolf
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 08:25 PM       
Nah, it comes naturally to those of us who don't spend 95% of our thought processes on video game consoles.

Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
I don't think i've said anything wrong about the ps3 if im talking about purely hardware, my opinions like i think the games are better aren't facts.
You've said that it has a lot of great exclusives. ;/

Quote:
And if i was a true ps3 fanboy, i wouldnt love playing on the pc as well.
That's a pretty weak dodge in the face of all the rampant fanboyisms you harp on.

Quote:
And no there's nothing wrong with being witty and clever but zomboid repeatedly tries, i swear he spends like 15 minutes at the keyboard muttering , "no, thats not right"
Micro, if it takes you 15 minutes to come up with a story about an annoying kid you used to know, chances are you were that kid to somebody else.

Banned
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 10:28 PM       
I know the 360 has good qualities but it has so many bad qualities that it's just another Xbox 1 to me and i regretted having that because it had none of the great unique games that were on the playstation 2.
The games that are on the xbox 360 that are of any quality and EXCLUSIVE, is halo 3 and gears of war 2 and maybe even banjo kazooie.
This is just like the Xbox 1 in which it had Halo 1 and 2 and Chronicles of Riddick and Conker and whatever multiplatform games it had.

Read over what i write and maybe you will see that i do have a point behind what i say, get over yourselves
Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:20 PM       
Quote:
I know the 360 has good qualities but it has so many bad qualities that it's just another Xbox 1 to me and i regretted having that because it had none of the great unique games that were on the playstation 2.
So now we finally get to the heart of the matter: you don't like the 360 because an xbox burned you in the past.

Seriously, though, here's the deal: your points about the PS3 having great hardware are irrelevant. Hardly anyone can work with them, and even when they do, the difference is negligible. It costs the most of any console. It no longer has any backwards capability. And sixaxis is a silly gimmick. And you, you talk about hating console shooters like Halo and Gears of War, then you turn around and heap praise onto Killzone 2.

But you know what? Everything I just listed is irrelevant. It's irrelevant because console war threads are intractable and dull, and you are incapable of even talking about the PS3 without devolving into a defensive annoying little twit. For you, the 360 is a machine that plays Halo for 5 minutes before bursting into flames, and the PS3 is a machine that converts nuclear waste into a cure for cancer.

That's why your posts on the issue deserve no more than an emoticon and a derisive remark.

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:53 PM       
I think once you say "That console sucks and if you disagree, you're stupid", then any followup argument you have is pretty much null and void.