Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Dixie Dixie is offline
Egg
Dixie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM       
I don't donate money.
I'm stingy.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Dixie Dixie is offline
Egg
Dixie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:47 PM       
You seem angry about something.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
perceived pretension, mostly. and its not so much anger as annoyance.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Dixie Dixie is offline
Egg
Dixie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:54 PM       
I think you misread me.
I use really stupid terms of endearment, but I mean them.
I when I talk I call people "honey" and "sugar" and "sweetie", none of which are meant in any derogatory or insulting way.
But now that you pitched a bitch fit over my calling you my little buddy, you're not my little buddy anymore, guy.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM       
I never was your little buddy. What the fuck, we've talked like twice.

And I can't imagine calling someone, "Lil buddy" without being pretentious. But if I actually MISREAD you IM SORRY. Maybe you should be more careful not to call people by pretentious sounding names.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Dixie Dixie is offline
Egg
Dixie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM       
I'm a southern pot head, dude.
duhhh
Reply With Quote
  #32  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 10:00 PM       
alright ;o
Reply With Quote
  #33  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM       
Quote:
I guess it would depend on how you view the war; however, regardless of how it is viewed, the Soldier is dying for his community.
Oh and this:
Depends on the soldier. Lots of soldiers are enlisted forcefully (draft). If they don't have a choice in the matter, how can it be a sacrifice -- or moral?
Many soldiers also join the military to get money, to travel and to get their college paid for. When was the last time somebody went to a military recruiter and come home saying, "I get the chance to die for my community" and not, "I'm gonna get a five thousand dollar incentive and all of these monetary advantages for bleh. Excellent retirement plan, too."
A lot of people also join the military because they don't know what to do with their life, or because they have no where to go. ;o or because they think its SO COOL AND MAKES THEM BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE. I WANNA TRAVEL. etcetera

Most people don't make sacrifices, they make exchanges. I'm not even sure there is such a thing as a "Sacrifice." Being somebody who sacrifices makes you a whore. I mean charitable. And that makes you MORE MORAL and clearly superior to other people.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Kulturkampf Kulturkampf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Well there you go: Kulturkampf in Korea. KKK.
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
You guess? The feminine is not bad to be mixed with the masculine, I guess. And nobody is purely "masculine" or "feminine".
That is true enough but there are certainly people who favor one over the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 View Post
Wow. Sort of like a Hyper-Libertarian Naturalism thing going on.
I like it : )

It would sort of be like that movie The Postman, but not gay.
Right on, right on; totally not gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat View Post
woops, typo
nice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Kulturkampf Kulturkampf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
There is a purpose. To eliminate all human suffering once and for all.

more later.
Not bad. I can wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God View Post
Don't worry 'bout that part lil buddy.
We'll go extinct (hopefully) soon enough and there'll be no more human suffering.
Oh wow humanity is not so coolto you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
How is it a morally superior doctrine? This is a self-contradictory statement ;/
Anyway, communism rejoices in the weak and "feminine." The entire point of communism is so that the weak and feminine can survive just as easily as the strong. In fact, what it says is that the weak, feminine, strong and masculine are all equal in value. And it also argues that the weak and the feminine deserve more money/benefits than the strong and masculine.

Something can't be a morally superior doctrine just because it sounds nicer ;\
There is nothing wrong with trying to protect the weak; the only moral crime is the choice to be weak and to not fight for what is right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
GIVE UP YOUR LIFE FOR OUR DEAR LEADER, KIM JONG IL
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Well, you can be my lil hussy then, since you're already everybody else's.

lil hussy.
Yeah, Kahl, let's fuck this girl with great masculinity; high fives; a little bit of the 'seks grupowy' as the Polish say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Oh and this:
Depends on the soldier. Lots of soldiers are enlisted forcefully (draft). If they don't have a choice in the matter, how can it be a sacrifice -- or moral?
Many soldiers also join the military to get money, to travel and to get their college paid for. When was the last time somebody went to a military recruiter and come home saying, "I get the chance to die for my community" and not, "I'm gonna get a five thousand dollar incentive and all of these monetary advantages for bleh. Excellent retirement plan, too."
A lot of people also join the military because they don't know what to do with their life, or because they have no where to go. ;o or because they think its SO COOL AND MAKES THEM BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE. I WANNA TRAVEL. etcetera

Most people don't make sacrifices, they make exchanges. I'm not even sure there is such a thing as a "Sacrifice." Being somebody who sacrifices makes you a whore. I mean charitable. And that makes you MORE MORAL and clearly superior to other people.
Of course Soldiers receive benefits witht heir job. The goal is not to deprive oneself and attain a purely altruistic existence, but at the end of the day the risk of this sacrifice is a big deal.

Perhaps some do this purely out of self interest and others are pressed into the service but I do not think that this takes away the full dignity of it by any means.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
10,000 Volt Ghost 10,000 Volt Ghost is offline
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 09:06 PM       
Can you guys just paraphrase instead?
__________________
God speed you meddling kids.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Kulturkampf Kulturkampf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 10:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Can you guys just paraphrase instead?
What do you mean, champ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
10,000 Volt Ghost 10,000 Volt Ghost is offline
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM       
I'm at work so I didn't get a chance to read the entire length of the conversation/post. I'll have to wait until I get home to comment better on the situation.
__________________
God speed you meddling kids.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 12:44 AM       
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with trying to protect the weak; the only moral crime is the choice to be weak and to not fight for what is right.
Communism encourages people to be weak. I mean, the weak do not become any stronger and they are not encouraged to do so. In a sense, its actually less beneficial because then you will receive less benefits from the government. Communism also discourages people from, "Fighting for what's right" because what's right is already what's instituted. It's a totalitarian government system.
And its not a matter of protecting the weak, its a matter of taking things from those who have made the choice not to be weak so that the weak will be what? Not stronger. Besides that communism is self-contradictory. Part of the point is not to be alienated from your work, yet communism proposes just that; to alienate the strong from the fruits of their labor.

*edit* and again, communism makes the strong and the weak equal in value. I don't see how that jives with your other ideas. Except as a hilarious joke.

Quote:
Perhaps some do this purely out of self interest and others are pressed into the service but I do not think that this takes away the full dignity of it by any means.
It's not a sacrifice if you are doing it to benefit yourself. Besides, there is higher chance of dying in houston texas if you're a black man than if you are a soldier in Iraq. I fail to see the sacrifice ;\ Most people who are soldiers never even go to war. How many times have you been shot at?

Quote:
The goal is not to deprive oneself and attain a purely altruistic existence, but at the end of the day the risk of this sacrifice is a big deal.
how is it a sacrifice if you aren't depriving yourself? That's not a sacrifice, its an exchange.

Last edited by kahljorn : Feb 27th, 2009 at 03:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 12:50 AM       
Quote:
That is true enough but there are certainly people who favor one over the other.
Why talk? You don't even take hardline stances on issues. You say things, then have no arguments to support things. You're only "GUESSING." Its all, "Maybies." That isn't a hardline stance.
According to your own ideas you are feminine and weak
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Big Papa Goat Big Papa Goat is offline
Mocker
Big Papa Goat's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 02:34 AM       
Why isn't my Friday the 13th remake thread 2 pages long yet? It's way more interesting than this Hatebreed ethics seminar, and is only like 16 posts long and none of them are even very long.

ANSWER ME THAT WITH YOUR PRECIOUS PHILOSOPHY, KAHLICLES.
__________________
Ibid
Reply With Quote
  #42  
executioneer executioneer is offline
OH GOD
executioneer's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 03:12 AM       
because the politics board gets folks all riled up!
__________________
[COLOR=purple][COLOR=Magenta]SHAME ON A [COLOR=Pink]NIGGA WHO TRY TO RUN [/COLOR][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA"]GAME[/URL] ON A NIGGA[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Zhukov Zhukov is offline
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tasmania
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 07:48 AM       
Wish I got in on this earlier.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM       
Quote:
ANSWER ME THAT WITH YOUR PRECIOUS PHILOSOPHY, KAHLICLES.
cause i like to look impressive and smart with all my philosophorizing
Reply With Quote
  #45  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 03:18 PM       
even though i dont think anybody has ever thought i was impressive or smart. Usually it is the exact opposite.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
VaporTrailx1 VaporTrailx1 is offline
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Beyond Hammerspace
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 03:49 PM       
Hardliners are fascist dogs.
__________________
............................
There remains time to create.
Create and escape.
Escape will make me god.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:38 PM       
Whatever they are, Kultur isn't one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
VaporTrailx1 VaporTrailx1 is offline
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Beyond Hammerspace
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM       
BTW Bring back Orbitz and Blue Pepsi.
__________________
............................
There remains time to create.
Create and escape.
Escape will make me god.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
ZeldaQueen ZeldaQueen is offline
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the border of my Outer Circle of Thought
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM       
"It's bad to mix feminine and masculine"? What, are those two qualities drinks now?

Honestly, that's stupid. I can think of plenty of people who have both feminine and masculine qualities and are fine people.
__________________
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
ZeldaQueen ZeldaQueen is offline
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the border of my Outer Circle of Thought
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
How is it a morally superior doctrine? This is a self-contradictory statement ;/
Anyway, communism rejoices in the weak and "feminine." The entire point of communism is so that the weak and feminine can survive just as easily as the strong. In fact, what it says is that the weak, feminine, strong and masculine are all equal in value. And it also argues that the weak and the feminine deserve more money/benefits than the strong and masculine.

Something can't be a morally superior doctrine just because it sounds nicer ;\
First of all, exactly how do you justify grouping "weak" only with "feminine" and "strong" only with "masculine"? Don't you think there are weak masculine people or strong feminine people? Strength comes in many forms you know.

Second of all, no communism is not superior. It's not a bad thing, it just would never work. It's based on the idea that every single person in a nation will do their share of work for the benefit of others. Ideally, if every single person did this, every single person would be covered (you would be covering everyone else, and you'd be covered by everyone else). Unfortunately, the concept is thrown down the toilet if even one person decides to not do their share. Since it's impossible to expect an entire nation to pull their weight for someone else, then it's impossible for actual Communism (the way it was meant to be) to work.
__________________
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.