Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 09:47 PM        Bitching about Funcoland/EB
You know that i have never, in my entire life, EVER been able to walk into Funcoland and simply complete a transaction and leave? Never. Every time i go to trade something in, i Need ID. Cue a fifteen minute wait for the clerk as i search for one of my parents so i may get their driver's license. Every time i trade something in, i get less than 1/4 of it's resale value. This is normal for Funcoland, because that's how they make money on trade-ins. Fine. But when i bought Xenogears for $30 and traded that ridiculous piece of shit in, i got FOUR. Four fucking dollars. That's worse than the game itself. This bitching is spawned by the fact that when i went in today, i had my card with me, and was going to buy some NES games with the $25 on it. It turns out, my card expired. "Okay," i thought, "I must have left it in my dresser." I offered to put the games back, but the guy told me he would do it for me. that was fine. So when i get home, i immediately search for my card. "I got the money and card", i thought, "from trading in Splinter Cell, a waste of fifty good dollars." It was the first time i didn't feel cheated by the Gamestop franchise, getting half of a game's worth. It was store credit, but that didn't bother me. What did was that i remembered i had a receipt from that purchase, not a card.

Shit.

I looked all up and down my room, but i knew what happened to it. I looked in the laundry at the pants i was wearing the night i traded it in. There it was, three yellow scraps of twenty-five gdddamn dollars. I tried for twenty minutes to carefully open the pieces without tearing, and all i could make out was the disclaimer on the back. Silly me, i had to fold it FRONT SIDE OUT. Now i loathe Splinter Cell, because that game ended up costing me seventy five god damned dollars. Do you know what i could have bought with that? I could have doubled my NES game collection, and still have had money for the new Samus Aran figure. Or i could have bought fice or six used psx games. Or two swords from ebay. Or five cds. Or something WORTH SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS. I'm not going to blame Funcoland for my washing that receipt, but instead i'm going to blame that god damn Splinter Cell, and the fact that my Dogma prevents me from EVER profiting from a transaction at Funcoland.

(I reach the amount of $75 by reasoning that it was the absolute total about of money i had in the week, and that losing Splinter Cell was a gain)

Care to know what the games were?

Astynax
Skate or Die
Faxanadu
Kid Niki: RADICAL NINJA
Ninja Kids
Demon Sword
Wrath of the Black Manta
Little Nemo in Dreamland
Deja Vu
War something or other, a Contra clone

FUCK.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 10:15 PM       

As great as this game sounds. It blows big time
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2003, 10:24 PM       
it's been a long time since i could afford to buy any vidyogames. :/

i like deja vu. and uninvited. and specially shadowgate. i jus like that kinda format. o.o and they all have awesome music. :o sry.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable

As great as this game sounds. It blows big time
You came THIS CLOSE to getting banned from the board when you posted those blasphemous words.
Mocker
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:08 PM       
Guess cause I never played it back in the day. I just recently got a copy my friend stole from funcoland. But still, as much as I love classic games, I cant get into this one
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2003, 02:05 AM       
Kid Niki was one of the first NES games I ever had. I remember being pissed that the game on the back of the pink box looked nothing like the ARCADE images shown on the back (Data East was notorious for that - I got burned with Karnov that way too ). Classic nonetheless.

And Deja Vu was hilarious!

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2003, 09:38 AM       
I had a HUGE NES collection, but I sold alot of the games. Never ever sell to Gamestop, they give you 20-80 cents for each game then sell it for about 10-20 dollars. Kid Niki ruled whoreable, how dare you say that.

"War something or other, a Contra clone" Was it Ikari Warriors?
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2003, 11:17 AM       
Kid Niki is a classic. I haven't played that game in years.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Lord Felch Demon
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:24 PM       
Indeed. I made that "Holy shit, look what i found!" noise when i saw that it was only two dollars. I was very...er... annoyed that i didn't get to buy it, as i was all set to do. They sold their last copy of CV3, too, that i saw last time i went in. That also annoyed me.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:34 PM       
My semi-local Funcoland sucks. They barely have any of the classics anymore. A real disappointment. I remember when I actually looked forward to going to Funcoland, now I say fuck em. I don't know if the Mega Mall's funcoland is any better since I haven't been there for quite a while.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker
Old May 15th, 2003, 02:04 PM       
Gamefellas (i think it is called) seemed better than funco land. their nes games were much cheaper, I think they even had soem copies of river city ransom in the original shrink wrapped box
Lord Felch Demon
Old May 15th, 2003, 02:21 PM       
You must obtain these for me, and i shall pay you a handsome reward.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2003, 03:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
I think they even had soem copies of river city ransom in the original shrink wrapped box
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2003, 04:07 PM       
All we have here are some unsold copies of SNES games. They are 20 bucks, I payed that for the system. Gamestop took over all of the Funcolands around here, but they are all connected some way.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 15th, 2003, 04:40 PM       
someone might care, crunch, if only we didn't all hate you.