Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM        Live action Anime is coming
Read this the other day in the paper at a hotel.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...ed-racer_N.htm

•Leonardo DiCaprio will produce two films based on the popular anime story Akira, set in a rebuilt Tokyo after a mysterious explosion decimated the city. The first of the Warner Bros. films, to be set in "New Manhattan," is scheduled for summer 2009.

•Director M. Night Shyamalan will direct The Last Airbender, an adaptation of the popular Asian-influenced Nickelodeon series about a young hero with the power to manipulate the elements. It's due July 2, 2010.

•Steven Spielberg will adapt Ghost in the Shell, a futuristic crime thriller based on the 1989 Japanese comic, or manga, that spawned a half-dozen films and video games. No release date has been set.

Last edited by Tadao : May 4th, 2008 at 04:39 PM.
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM       
AAARGH!!!
URGE TO KILL RISING!!!!!!!!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM       
Hahaha, I want to see Spielberg's Ghost in the Shell.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:51 PM       
di caprio likes akira? ain't he like a care bear person
i do want to see spilbergs ghost in the shell anyway

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 4th, 2008, 12:02 AM       
Fuck.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:53 AM       
Don't forget Death Note
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old May 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM       
Death note is already here...I've seen the first two already.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:11 AM       
dont forget speed racer
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM       
where the fuck is my fruits basket live action
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
this whole message board is a fruits basket
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM       
Ugh. I think I'd rather CG anime movies like Appleseed Ex Machina. Some characters are just too...otherworldly to be portrayed by actual people.

Some hairstyles are too out-there as well. Lawl Goku.

Besides, they're just going to use CG for all of the effects anyways.

Ghost in Shell might be cool. Avatar is fucking stupid, though. I don't know which I hate more: Avatar or Teen Titans.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:45 PM       
Quote:
•Director M. Night Shyamalan will direct The Last Airbender, an adaptation of the popular Asian-influenced Nickelodeon series about a young hero with the power to manipulate the elements. It's due July 2, 2010.
lol :<
OH GOD
Old May 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM       
i wonder what the twist will end up being
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM       
the twist is that the kid's white

just like the last samurai
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:16 AM       
all these movies are gonna suck so hard
Madface is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM       
This is so fucked I can't even stand it. It's one thing to see Avatar be ass raped but Akira is damn good and would be done backwards if Americanized. And Ghost in the shell might turn out bearible but I seriously doubt it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM       
Don't forget that the creators must have given Spielberg and DiCaprio the green light.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:57 PM       
As long as they don't change the soundtrack, I'm cool with a live action Ghost in the Shell.

Although I don't see what's wrong with the original.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2008, 07:46 PM       
Nothings wrong with the original other than it's not it's not making any large amounts of money right now.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:52 AM       
I understand James Cameron (the dude responsible for the The Terminator) is planning to do a live-action Battle Angel Alita.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Although I don't see what's wrong with the original.
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERNET
Ghost in the Shell (攻殻機動隊, Kōkaku Kidōtai?, translated as "Mobile Armored Riot Police") is a Japanese cyberpunk manga
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:24 PM       
There was also that live-action DBZ movie that was announced....and cancelled...and announced....and no doubt cancelled again.

Still, I'd watch these because something bizarre's telling me these might be somehow watchable.

j/k fuck them
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:58 PM       
I'd see Ghost in the Shell but this incarnation of Speed Racer doesn't appeal to me at all.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:09 PM       
I never like the Speed Racer cartoon when I was a kid anyways. I was too busy playing with my Shogun Warrior to care.

OH GOD
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:08 PM       
i saw the speed racer movie, and i liked it about four times as much as i liked the original. (THIS IS SOMETHING I LIKE TO CALL DAMNING WITH FAINT PRAISE )

second worst movie the wachowskis ever directed