Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 11:38 AM        HORROR MOVIE ETIQUETTE: little kids are scary + THE PURPOSE OF HORROR MOVIES??
NOT
i can't stand seeing horror films that use this element; i only say this because i just saw a trailer for "mirrors" and what do you know, THE LITTLE KID'S REFLECTION DOESN'T MOVE WHEN HE DOES AND HE CHUCKLES OH MAN

HORRIFUCKINGFYING

Last edited by bigtimecow : Aug 26th, 2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: needed some bold up in this bitch
¿
wobzire is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM       
Kids are just useless.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM       
No kids have one use. They make a great excuse when you when you want to get the hell out of someplace/thing. "oh i would love to <what the F ever> but i have to get home and check on the kid"
¿
wobzire is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM       
My bad. Kids are at least as useful as a puppy.
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM       
Now i wouldnt go that far. Puppies are much more useful.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
kids have one use.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM       
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM       
lol Im not talking about the gary glitter use
Reeks of awesomeness...
Cherry Nirvana is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM       
I hate watching horror movies with the so-called "creepy little kids". They're more annoying than they are horrifying. Makes me want to kick them.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM       
"Home Alone" should be considered a horror movie. That Macaulkay Culkin is the stuff of nightmares
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 12:15 AM       
if i was in a horror movie i would shield myself with a kid they almost never die

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 10:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maniac View Post
"Home Alone" should be considered a horror movie. That Macaulkay Culkin is the stuff of nightmares
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAwyd4jh_x4

Close enough.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
something else about horror movies that i've thought about lately:

typically i am disappointed after i watch horror movies because i watch movies for two reasons pretty much, either to be funny / fun or to have a compelling story / characters / development blah blah blah. i'm just wondering the purpose of horror films: is it to have a compelling story + scary elements (in order to classify it as horror) or is it just to be scared? or is it for gore? is it for fun?

i know each horror movie can be classified differently; for instance, the ALIEN movies have scary elements but are also full of action and a pretty good story, but then you get movies like the grudge / the ring / shutter / one missed call etc. that seem to be all about scaring the viewer rather than actually telling a good story

i dunno, did i answer my own question? is there more to the horror genre than i actually know? FUCK
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM       
The purpose of horror movies is hard to define when you consider utter trash like all of these sequels and remakes as horror. I think that the old classification for horror movies included a good story and managed to scare you as well, and that was great, because even if you didn't scare easily, you could at least enjoy the story. Some like Psycho, for instance, isn't all that scary nowadays, but it's still got a compelling story and there's a lot that you can appreciate about it. They used to be, and sometimes still are, treated with respect and care by the filmmakers and they genuinely wanted to put out something good.

That's not to say that schlock didn't exist in the "golden age" of horror movies either, but the vast majority of the movies coming out weren't all sequels, remakes, and rip-offs.

Then you can get into the FUN horror movies, like the evil dead series, dead alive, return of the living dead, etc. Those movies were still made well and again, the filmmakers put forth real effort into making them as enjoyable as possible. They're not the same as the more serious movies, but they're different and enjoyable in another way completely. Buckets of gore is great, but it still needs to be handled effectively and that's something that a lot of new movies fail to do. They just shovel in as much shitty dialogue, jump scares, music video camera effects, and gore as possible and hope to emulate the success of GOOD movies.

At least, that's what I think. Oh yeah, I'd classify Alien as Sci-Fi/Horror, and then everything after and including Aliens is Action/Sci-FI.

That was very funny. Well done.
rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 11:30 PM       
well said Z, well said
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM       
the purpose of horror movies this days is gore in my opinion how else would you justify the existance of the saw and hostel series

rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 11:25 AM       
i actually enjoy the saw series, although it is a bit hard to follow, but i like the story so far and of course the gore is fun. not really scary anymore though

hostel i can't say shit about because i only saw the first one and it was retarded
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 01:12 PM       
I liked the first Saw, but then it just got really fucking dumb. I like hostel for the fact that it was the first big movie in a long time to use traveling as a scary thing. Plus, aside from his bitching about people downloading Hostel 2, I like Eli Roth. Cabin Fever was entertaining and original and he seems to have an appreciation for the genre, instead of being one of those people at fucking Dark Castle who keeps churning out sub-par remakes like house on haunted hill.

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 02:01 PM       
I remember Cabin Fever was really unpopular with this forum but I liked it then and I still like it now. It's original and genuinely funny. Again, alot of people here thought it was unintentionally funny but I don't think it was. There's no way you can argue that a movie that bothers to set up that racist end credits joke in the first 30 minutes isn't TRYING to be funny.
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 02:41 PM       
If you guys love gore and torture you should try Frontiere(s), is an horror french movie kind of like the hostel series
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 04:21 PM       
I liked Cabin Fever.
taco loving zombie
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 01:52 AM       
cabin fever was nice i like final destination series they come up with such creative ways of killing people

The Wolf
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 02:43 AM       

rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 10:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
cabin fever was nice i like final destination series they come up with such creative ways of killing people
some of them may be "creative" but the series is more funny than anything. a few notable scenes (i think both of these are from the first one):

when the kid decides to break up the pigeons and runs in like a retard and gets crushed by glass

at the gas station some kid lights a cigarette and ali larter slaps it out of his hand and goes "what the fuck are you thinking?"
"i'm thinking... suck on my junk BIATCH"

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 02:13 PM       
The only scary movie that has ever really gotten to me is The Exorcist. It just freaked me the fuck out, but I grew up Catholic so all that s*it hit close to home or somethin

Every "horror" film I've seen since, idk, age 14, has just been a gore-fest. Seeing people get their shit cut off or thrown in front of a speeding microwavable oven just doesn't do it for me. A horror movie, to me, has to bu*t fu*k you psychologically.

Im jus sayn