Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 01:35 AM        The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8
Automatically generated comment thread for The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 01:48 AM       
great writing as usual. Beautifly Bizzare, just how I like it. the last one was my favorite.
Is a thin donkey

Autrach Sejanoz is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 02:53 AM       
Fan-damn-tastic work as ever, Max. Have you ever considered publishing a book of your work(I mean ALL your work; articles, poetry, artworks, etc.)?

Cubicle Ape & Alplachian Haiku were my favourites.

BTW, in Witch City, is Iron Dave the Rat Bastard the same Dave you mentioned numerous times in The I Don't Like It List?
Forum Virgin
simogene is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:29 AM       
I've often had the same thought about Elmo, but never thought to write poetry about it. I usually just stomp on my son's toys for a while until I feel better.

I very much enjoyed Witch City, and I wondered the same thing as Autrach Sejanoz about Iron Dave.
High Priest of Burbank
Jigby Huggletinks is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM       
Max, you are my hero in ways you couldn't possibly comprehend. You are quite possibly my all time favorite writer of any kind.
Forum Virgin
Grishnak is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 09:49 AM       
Love it. Know one thing. Grish wants a cd of your poetry. Read by William Shatner and Christopher Walken and Ultimate Warrior!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM       
Max, you rat bastard!

The only thing missing from this work of epic proportions is a soundtrack, preferably bongos and finger cymbals.

You use "words" to construct "sentences" that have not even been imagined by the craziest of manifesto writers - I wonder if there's a padded cell with your name on it somewhere.

Your "Appalachian Haiku" is not strictly a haiku (but it's still damned funny). And I'm sure you knew this already.

Anxiously awaiting "Part 9".
Mr. everywhere
fluffkomix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 01:01 PM       
loved Alplachian Haiku. my fav. last one was pretty good too
¿
wobzire is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM       
I cannot think of a more horrifying thought than to imagine what your nightmares might look like burbank.
Crazed Techno-Biologist
Dungeonbrownies is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM       
By jove, i cant believe i still read these things -_-
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:52 PM       
I agree, Elmo DID ruin Sesame Street
Not Another Whipping Boy
beatpole is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 08:54 PM       
It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I am. I mean, I've failed every poetry course I ever took in school or otherwise, but you suck. What I mean to say is, Thank You for sucking so hard. I may be laughing at you and not with you, but at least you made me laugh.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatpole View Post
It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I (am) <--redundant.
(I mean,)<--redundant
I've failed every poetry course I have ever took in school or otherwise, (but) <--no need for this you suck. (What I mean to say is,) <-- you like to hear yourself talk (Thank You for sucking so hard.) <--already established I may be laughing at you and not with you, (but at least you made me laugh.) <--redundant
Wow, you suck.
Basement Monkey
JoeyJoJoJr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM       
The best poetry comes from the most troubled minds, I love it Max
Forum Virgin
whoareyou is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM       
actually beatpole I passed all of my poetry classes(high school and college levels) and Max is a damn fine poet in the david sedaris vein. Witch City is fantastic. my personal favorite.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 12:04 AM       
i'd say beatpole IS another whipping boy

discuss
Can't touch this
El Sammo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 06:16 AM       
I've always hated Elmo. It's my opinion that he's responsible for Grovers crack addiction. How else is he to cope with the pain of knowing he's been replaced by that high-voiced annoying jackass? There is no other way, that's how. It's been proven scientifically. By scientists.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 03:53 PM       
Pontificating,
Overbearing, Self-serving,
Pretentious beatpole.
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 10:01 PM       
Quote:
It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I am. I mean, I've failed every poetry course I ever took in school or otherwise, but you suck. What I mean to say is, Thank You for sucking so hard. I may be laughing at you and not with you, but at least you made me laugh.
You fail.
Can't touch this
El Sammo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
Yeah beatpole, fuck off. I was always under the impression that poetry didn't have to have any kind of form or reason. It's called freeform I believe, I didn't pay that much attention in english class.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 11:27 PM       
You guys are all suck ups.
High Priest of Burbank
Jigby Huggletinks is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM       
This Beatpole fellow defies the ways of my Burbankist faith. He shall be eliminated in the quickest manner feasibly executable.
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 12:31 AM       
Quote:
This Beatpole fellow defies the ways of my Burbankist faith. He shall be eliminated in the quickest manner feasibly executable.
That involves tying him to a chair and kicking him down the stairs.
OMNIVORBE
fiercealmond is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM       
I just woke up from a dream in which I was watching the spanish channel (Which I navigated with a map from Metroid) and the show I was watching mostly consisted of you walking out onto a lawn in pajamas and a bathrobe, yelling "I'm Max Burbank" at the top of your lungs, and me saying to the person watching TV with me "That lawn is in salem."
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM       
Oooo someone has a crush.

suck ups