Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 06:00 AM        hand-painted work - This Semester, Painting I
as said in the high school thread, the original thread had too much to look at at once, so i have split them.

really... it takes a long time to photograph everything, and even longer to take the time to resize and post with image links... ;< i would like some comments. ;< ;<

--------------------------------------------------
Work from this semester's painting 1 class

these are also my first serious paintings.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 07:09 AM        Re: hand-painted work - This Semester, Painting I
I've always had a great respect for people who can paint realistically. I'm a terrible painter myself, and the fact that anyone can apply real-looking structure and lighting with paint can amaze me.

I like still lives too, but mostly when there's a twist or symbolism (old paintings with a thousand different objects symbolizing death or sex). Still (haha[/code]) I think the surface of the blue vase in the first one is great. Same goes for the vases in the last one.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 09:55 AM       
thanks, that really means a lot to me :>
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 06:53 PM       
most of the people I know wouldn't even try the reflections of the last one. That's really amazing.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 11:33 PM       
they are great pieces of work, worthy to hang on a rich mans wall who had just handed you a big check.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 12:42 AM       
don't go over the top on the praise - i've seen better. the color in the first one seems a bit too saturated, for example.

you've got a LOT of potential, tho, so don't take this crit harshly. i've seen people graduate from college art programs with less skill than what's in those three paintings. you're at a really good level for a first year student, in my worthless opinion. :D
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 04:44 AM       
i appreciate all the citicism i've gotten, and especially from ziggy :> thank you for being completely truthful about what you think about them. these are my first three paintings i've done that are actually in any way serious.

the first painting is the monotone one, then the second painting is the 'overly saturated' one, and the third one that still isn't finished is the third one. i still have lots to do