Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:08 PM       
You should. I don't care for fantasy football at all but the comedy is pure gold.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 04:25 PM       
Daria isn't that bad so far. I kind of like it. ;_;

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM       
FAG
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM       
I just cant take this guy seriously.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM       
I liked Daria at the time because they featured good music. Not sure if it the music made it to DVD or not. Maybe the cake song did.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 05:38 PM       
Supposedly all the music was replaced by cover versions. But as someone who never watched it I wouldn't know the difference.

People have the same complaints about The State release. The only people who don't have problems with it are people who never saw it during its original run.

SKATASTIC
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM       
I did notice they changed some things with the state but not enough to make it unwatchable.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 02:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I did notice they changed some things with the state but not enough to make it unwatchable.
I thought Craig Wedren did a good job re-scored the entire thing. It would cost MTV more then it did to film these shows entire run to pay for all the music again. I know it sucks but If your desperate to see them again, it's worth it. I was 5 when The State was on so I wasn't allowed to enjoy MTV when it was enjoyable. So I don't mind as much, other then the sketches where posters & pictures of bands were blurred.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 04:19 PM       
Just got seasons 1 and 2 of oz, dvd sets, and will hopefully watch till my eyeballs bleed.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM       
I have an OZ question because I missed a weeks worth of episodes and certain people died.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM       
I've only gotten to the end of season 1 disc 2 so I'm probably not the person to ask at this point. The sad thing is I can buy and receive them faster on ebay than renting them on netflix
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM       
Watched Boardwalk Empire last night. This show is awesome. Steve Buschemi is top notch. Music is great. Vernacular is spectacular.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM       
Was atlantic city portrayed approximately as gross as it is irl?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM       
I've watched every episode of Oz and I thought 90% of it was fantastic. Started to rot like shit near the end though.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 11:00 AM       
Zhukov: Adibisi.....
Spoilers!

Kitsa:
It takes place during the 1930's so everything is kinda gritty. Gritty awesome though.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 03:46 AM       
I saw the pilot for Raising Hope and it was good. I just hope they won't rely on baby humor too often.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:17 AM       
Just finished up Oz season 1 last night and I can't say I was really thrilled with the final two episodes. They stalled and then tried to wrap things up too quickly, I thought.

I lol'd at "salami I like 'em", though. I just can't figure out why the guy was so transfixed by him at the end there.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 05:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Watched Boardwalk Empire last night. This show is awesome. Steve Buschemi is top notch. Music is great. Vernacular is spectacular.

Seconded. It was amazing and can't wait to see how the story continues. On a sidenote, second season is already confirmed. This could be the new Sopranos.
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 11:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
FAG
Jane Lane on Daria is pretty much an identical cartoon version, both in appearance and personality, of a girl I fell for hard a few years back.

Which is ironic considering I made fun of Zhukov for liking a Daria character once.

I'm also going through DVDs of How I Met Your Mother which on the surface seemed like a typical shitty laughtrack sitcom but in actuality is waaaaaaay better, and contains Arrested Development-levels of callbacks and continuity (and a lot of it subtle)

SKATASTIC
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 11:08 AM       
How I met your mother is great. Especially the narrator.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I'm also going through DVDs of How I Met Your Mother which on the surface seemed like a typical shitty laughtrack sitcom
That's exactly how I picture it from the commercials.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 04:10 PM       
How I Met Your Mother is surprisingly good. It even has Manos references.
Boardwalk Empire is continuing to kick ass, but that may just be Buscemi / 1920s love.
Dexter's season opener was kind of bland. Not terrible. But not great.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM       
Dexter started? Cool, I better check the torrents.
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM       
HIMYM shouldn't have the laugh track, since they don't film in front of an audience anyway so it's not like the pacing is suffering as a result like most laugh track shows.

It starts out somewhat generic and I didn't like it at first, but once the show hits its stride it really is something great. It kind of sucks that it's syndicated on the Lifetime channel, though, that's also a great way to turn new audiences off to it

teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 07:52 PM       
Started in on Oz season 2 and I'm not liking it nearly as much as season 1 so far.