Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 04:03 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 04:06 PM       
New British TV can be good, tho
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
But yeah, I think a lot of the oldies are insufferably dull, mostly because the stories for every serial could be told in about half the time they all take (although to be fair, I've only seen about 6, and most of them were the first and second Doctors so that might be early installment weirdness).
I've been watching the First Doctor this week. I tried to watch something modern & everything was so fucking fast I had to stop it to figure out what was happening.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 04:38 PM       
Happy Ice Day Everyone!

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:08 PM       
Fuck that, I love old british TV.

Well, I love some of it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:12 PM       
It's usually really bad and doesn't date well. But then what does? Eh.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Fuck that, I love old british TV.

Well, I love some of it.
When my explanation of why I like something involves the phrases "If you look at it in context..." or "For it's time..."; then I'm just going to back down and say it is bad.

I rate the Marx Brothers as having produced some of the best films ever. They are still b-movies and difficult for a lot of people to watch.

I had to take classes to understand what the hell was going on in Shakespeare's plays. I imagine it is much the same deal.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:25 PM       
Did the Chaplin Time Traveller story hit the folks in this corner of the web? I liked that.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:32 PM       

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:38 PM       
That's probably more the fault of the language evolving than the work itself, Pub
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM       
Or you're stupid. I mean, it's ostensibly still english, and you can kinda guess what all the archaic words mean via context.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:44 PM       
Macbeth is the most awesome thing he wrote.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:44 PM       
I was the swotty kid that knew what it all meant and was smarmy when anyone else didn't know.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:45 PM       
I like to say things that endear me to the dullards around me.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:46 PM       
Whoops! Broke character!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Or you're stupid.
I'LL GIVE YOU FOUR INCHES OF STUPID IN YOUR ASS, BOYO!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:47 PM       
There we go. Small dick/homosexual comments to the rescue. The gay is saved.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 05:49 PM       
Someone explain Dungeons and Dragons to me, briefly.

I think I understand the basic idea, a more free-form version of a board game that massive nerds utilize as a vehicle for storytelling, but I've not really grasped why it's a big deal. Then again, the furthest I've gotten in tabletop gaming is collectible card games. YuGiOh, specifically, which I played because my attention span didn't allow for productive games of Magic. Also, every single Magic game I ever played was completely one-sided, in which I'd manage to get three land cards and one monster out on the field before being utterly and embarrassingly annihilated.

Since I'm a massive fag and something of an emo I'd consider trying my hand at a game of Vampire: The Masquerade if the Old World of Darkness stuff wasn't out of print, if only to troll people by being a fishmalk or inciting fisticuffs inside fatally-enforced neutral zones.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 06:03 PM       
Never played. I've tried card games and tabletop miniatures. I always get beaten by those lucky chaps that have the time and inclination to learn a billion game rules from a thick tome they always carry but never open. I think it is about hanging with your friends and never quite getting to the circle jerk over the beautiful lady that is totally into you that your party just saved from a dragon.

I envy them so much.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 06:04 PM       
I liked this story just from the first page: http://emcarroll.com/comics/faceallred/01.html
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 06:08 PM       
that's a nice story
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 06:33 PM       
Speaking of British TV, a friend let me borrow her Jeeves and Wooster DVDs. While I can observe the fact that it is pretty funny, I can't get past the stuffiness and color-scheme of the show. Everything is fucking brown, man. Gross

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 06:37 PM       
from what I learned in the Saturday morning cartoon, there were these kids who went to the amusement park one day and they got on this rollercoaster. But then the rollercoaster track went all kerfuckety and they ended up in a magic land where this little guy looked Asian but wasn't and there was this unicorn that acted like a dog. Also, the black chick wore a fur bikini and was able to pole vault over shit with a glowing stick.

hope that helps

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 10:55 PM       
It is No-Shave November, coming off of Octobeard, which I couldn't participate in.

Everyone must participate.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:17 PM       
Sorry, not in.