Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:12 AM        Fat Kids........
Quote:
Widespread use of the sweetener fructose may be directly responsible for some of the ongoing increase in rates of childhood diabetes and obesity, according to a study conducted by researchers from the University of California-Davis and published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.

Fructose is a sugar that naturally occurs in low amounts in fruits and vegetables, making up as much as 5 to 10 percent of any given fruit by weight. In 1971, however, scientists discovered a way to synthesize a cheap syrup composed of 55 percent fructose and 45 percent glucose. Because normal table sugar is composed of only 50 percent fructose and 50 percent glucose, the sweetener was dubbed "high fructose corn syrup" (HFCS) and quickly became the most popular sweetener in the U.S. food and beverage industry.

HFCS is six times sweeter than sugar and costs only half as much.

Researchers put 16 volunteers on a controlled diet, supplemented with either fructose (derived from corn) or glucose. After 10 weeks, both groups of participants had gained equal amounts of weight. Participants in the fructose group, however, showed an increase of fat cells around major organs including their hearts and livers, and also underwent metabolic changes that are precursors to heart disease and diabetes.

"This is the first evidence we have that fructose increases diabetes and heart disease independently from causing simple weight gain," lead researcher Kimber Stanhope said. "We didn't see any of these changes in the people eating glucose."

The effect seems to occur because fructose is not broken down in the digestive system like other sugars are. Instead, it moves directly into the liver, where it interferes with that organ's ability to process fat.

The researchers noted that over the long term, participants on the fructose diet would also have gained more weight.

Health professionals agree that everyone could stand to cut back on their sugar intake.

"Historically, we never consumed much sugar," said Barry Popkin of the University of North Carolina, and a health policy adviser for the U.S. government. "We're not built to process it."

http://www.naturalnews.com/028698_fr..._diabetes.html

Nothing makes me angrier then a sweaty, over weight, wheezing, fat kid.......STOP EATING!

Last edited by TheCoolinator : May 3rd, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:30 PM       
If you stop eating then you die.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM       
I smell a death panel rationing out nutrition.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM       
I'm having hard time understanding why you are quoting the article in your post.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM       
It's because he hates you, RannyK.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
You're so fucking fat Rankeri seriously
My lady and I were talking about it and she said she saw a fat American survey just recently that was really really depressing. It went from the 80's till now. There was a super huge jump in the 90's and then in the 2000's they had to add another color to the chart cause Americans got even fatter on a higher average.

This isn't wholly the fault of the younger generations though. This has everything to do with my generation an up making a lot of money on pushing a lazy lifestyle.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
they had to add another color to the chart cause Americans got even fatter on a higher average.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:56 PM       
Kids are lazy these days, is all. That and over protective parents won't let them do anything fun.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:02 PM       
coolinater thank you for pointing out that fat people are unhealthy I didnt know that until you copy and pasted again.
BTW when are you going to realize that you are a tool?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:44 PM       
Kids are lazy because video games are way more fucking fun than going outside any day.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:27 PM       
there were tons of times i had to go play outside as a kid because if those damn rocket ninjas in ninja gaiden killed me one more freaking time i was gonna go murder everyone i ever cared about
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:40 AM       
I just want to pop in and say that Jethro Tull is an awesome band.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:07 AM       
Yeah if you like homos playing flutes. Get out of here, fatty

Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:10 AM       
You have to post more, Blasted Child.

Also, I am pretty sure that 8 out of ten of the world's most overweight countries are in Australasia and the South Pacific. Suck that America.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Yeah if you like homos playing flutes. Get out of here, fatty
Wait, what's wrong with homos playing flutes?
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:51 AM       
Nothing I like Jethro Tull too ;_;

Banned

Old May 4th, 2010, 08:55 AM       
I think there would be less fat kids out there if we made them all do the Truffle Shuffle once or twice a day in front of large groups of people.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:28 AM       
I don't get why people say it's the fault of gaming.

Yes, they sit and do no excercise, but surely they won't be consuming anything either? How do you eat marshmallow pizzas whilst going on a raid?
Thoughts please.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM       
Raid is WoW right? Anyway, you eat by shoving the lower part of your face into the bowl of food your mother balanced on the computer desk next to you, leaving your hands and eyes free to game.
Banned

Old May 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
marshmallow pizzas

Thoughts please.
Sounds delicious.

But I think the article is alledging that it's do to artificial / High Fructose corn syrup based sweetners that have too high a fructose or glucose level thus making the kids tubby. Not video games. Even though it may contribute to the tubby-ness.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:47 PM       
Shut the fuck up Coolie, she was making a joke. Are you really that fucking stupid? I guess you are.

Hey Coolie, you know who else needs to go outside and get some exercise?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:50 PM       
LOUIE ANDERTHON
Banned

Old May 4th, 2010, 01:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Shut the fuck up Coolie, she was making a joke. Are you really that fucking stupid? I guess you are.

Hey Coolie, you know who else needs to go outside and get some exercise?
So this is what you're using your new Mod powers for? Giving me warnings for no reason.

Saw that coming from a mile away. I wonder what Mod is going to give you a warning for cursing, putting people down, and adding nothing to the forum as a whole... Let's just say I won't hold my breath.