Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 05:54 PM       
Dark blue and purple world? What the hell?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM       
But do they have a mod that brings back Morrowinds Inventory system?

I played Oblivion and I loved it, but the inventory seemed too half assed, IMO they should have stuck with the system from morrowind.
Slim Goodbody
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 06:02 PM       
What? The inventory system is almost identical, only decorated differently.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 08:39 PM       
:O

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 09:50 PM       
from what i can tell they are just layed out a bit different, its annoying having to scroll a lot to get to stuff at the bottom of the list, especialy when you got 50 keys

i wish you could wear a robe over regular armor in oblivion tho

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
Dark blue and purple world? What the hell?
is mister colorblind gonna question my perception of hues

IS HE

I don't have the comparison shots right now, but in original oblivion the world is tinted dark blue in the daytime and purple at dawn. With the realistic environments mod it's a slight blue-yellow and at dawn it's more of an orange. Bethesda no doubt did their coloring on purpose, but I prefer more accurate scenery than a mystical FAR AWAY LAND motif.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 11:15 PM       
On the 360 version one of the caves near the Place you take Jauffre and Martin, The inside hues everything purple.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:26 AM       
I've been thinking of getting a level mod does that actually effect the character leveling system or does it just effect the levels of bad guys? Can it be removed without corrupting a save? I don't really like the current system either ;(

Can you show me some screen shots for the texture things?
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 01:14 AM       
Please tell me there's a mod to fix the moon gravity.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM       
kahl and biscuit, i'll look into it later today ;<
Slim Goodbody
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 03:00 PM       
I hope the 360 supports wireless godammit.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 04:15 PM       
You do need to restart, i read through the readme. It sounds like a cool mod, and itll be nice to play through the game and see the difference.

By the way, have any of you guys tried any of the sneak/thief mods that are around?.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 07:14 PM       
frenzy speels are so much fun, slap it on someone it public and watch everyone beat them to death.

might try to create a riot spell, same thing, but with an area of effect

was never good
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM       
Kahl, I just got this and it comes highly recommended:

AF Levelling Mod
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co....Detail&id=334

Basically changes the way you level to one of 4 sensible ways and you can choose the method. Can use it on any pre-existing character, too.
BANNED

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:33 PM       
Yea I saw that mod, and some similar ones, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for at the time. Some of them completely void the leveling process and instead op to increase stats every few skill levels which is really cool sounding, though. How do you like it?

Do you think the game is better with Obscuro? I'm having trouble deciding if i should just start over with my character, i hate how it never really gets easier to do a quest. I like gaining levels and feeling like it makes a difference. I also like the fact that they fixed clothing/silverware values because i used to love stealing those in the last game for money.
was never good
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 01:45 AM       
I like it because in regular oblivion pretty much everything is the same difficulty, ever

In this certain things are just off-limits, then you overcome them, then you start to wail on people, but their complements increase.

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 02:29 AM       
me and my lukerness, has finally decided to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
On the 360 version one of the caves near the Place you take Jauffre and Martin, The inside hues everything purple.
yes that made go wtf mate?

oblivion kicks my ass, and sucks monkey ass on the 360, wish i had my new pc working ether way. it is fun. xept i started a new account, im lvl 1, and im already half way through kicking everyones ass in the arena, i mean i have 1500 gold already, and i havent even went to talk to jauffre. The fact that when i level and everyone else levels, is kinda retarded. i think it should be that only bandits, should be like that, and that the dungeons and that should be for certian levels and that, and if you wonder off in to a dungeon with guys that will kick your ass well than son, you are fucked.

good day to you mates!

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:56 AM       
why does the 360 version suck monkey ass shifty?

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 01:07 PM       
well for one thing the graphics look nice, but also shittie. in High def (witch i dont have) it is nice. i tested out my sisters HDTV a while back with oblivion, and o man was it nice. but, for the people who dont own the expansive shit, we are boned on see the great visuals. also was arrowx has mentioned before, fucked up graphical errors come in randomly at times. Gameplay as i can tell is fun. other than the problems PC players are having. but mostly my complaint is about the graphics. witch means im being picking but i dont care shoot me for all i give.

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.
was never good
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 02:12 PM       
What is your first language?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 03:25 PM       
does this game have any sort of multiplayer capability?
BANNED

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 03:33 PM       
No. But I've seen people posting about making a multiplayer mod, but I don't know how successful that would be, if it's even possible.
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM       
i got this game and i'm a fantasy noob.
this is probablly my first fantasy rpg since Final fantasy or something.

So questions:
What does 'fortify health' mean?

and where can i get soul gems and how do i charge em?
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
So questions:
What does 'fortify health' mean?

and where can i get soul gems and how do i charge em?
It means to make you're health longer for a period of time, Soul gems can be bought or stolen, I perfer to steal. And there is a spell to charge them,
Slim Goodbody
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 07:43 PM       
The main source of soul gems is by finding them in caves or ruins, you can't buy or steal any soul gems other than crappy one's.

And I have no idea what shifty is talking about, every screen shot I have seen other people take of oblivion on their PC has been much worse than what I am seeing on my non-HD tv. Even though I know with the right hardware it can surpass it. I've seen the game on HD as well, and it doesn't make the game much better, unless Shifty's HD has some magical power to make the 360 more powerful and increase the graphical ability, he is full of shit- it only makes the game screen bigger and the picture sharper. Not that it doesn't make a noticable differance for the better, it doesn't change the graphics from crappy to mind blowing. For god's sake Shifty, try to make a lie believable before you say it.