Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:10 AM       
Aldous huxley "A brave new world", i think was an awesome book at first but anyone espect that shitty ending i think he was to much fucked up with LSD, or maybe was the hangover of putting so much shit in their brains that become uninspiring to him write the end of the book, a fucking drug orgy party and he killed himself cause no one understand him, thats sound like kurt cobain, luckily holliwood make to that story a decent ending with Equilibrium a loosely based movie with Christian Bale on it. thanks hollywood
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM       
heh, I agree with nietzsche in a lot of his stuff, and I thought the end of Brave New World was hell of poignant.
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 08:49 PM       
The sheer majority of novels I read in school, except for The Outsiders and Ender's Game.
Freelance Product Tester
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM       
Also, a lot of H. P. Lovecraft's work, mainly because of all the pointless exposition.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM       
Brave New World was a fuck of a good book, you sod.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 12:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPila666 View Post
Aldous huxley "A brave new world", i think was an awesome book at first but anyone espect that shitty ending i think he was to much fucked up with LSD, or maybe was the hangover of putting so much shit in their brains that become uninspiring to him write the end of the book, a fucking drug orgy party and he killed himself cause no one understand him, thats sound like kurt cobain, luckily holliwood make to that story a decent ending with Equilibrium a loosely based movie with Christian Bale on it. thanks hollywood
What did you expect? He wasn't accepted back in the savage lands of Malphais, felt alienated in this society that shunned any sort of emotion or reasoning other than bliss and happiness, and in the end was condemned to live the life of a hermit and go insane. He isn't going to single-handedly bring down the system and liberate the people.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 02:46 AM       
Pila thinks John the Savage should have joined & enjoyed the 'drug orgy party'.
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 03:56 AM       
That could have been the greatest ending, he should get "on tune" to deal with his mother death at least is more happier than commit suicide
Official forum judge
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 09:21 AM       
I suppose that is a good arguement, except for the fact that it would be completely missing the whole message of the novel.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM       
I thought Lullaby by chuck Palahniuk was really terrible. It was not as bad as Elminster: making of a mage though.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM       
And Then There Was None. As bad as some of the novels listed here are or can be, this book is fucking absymal. When I read this in High School, I didn't even bother to finish it, just letting the discussions and tests go by.

It's worth a failing grade to avoid this pisser of a novel, I assure you!

j/k fuck them
Official forum judge
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM       
The Stone Angel
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
I freaking hate The Great Gatsby.
Fitzgerald: "What can I do to get more money for blow? I've got it! Rich people doing rich people things! Oh, and how about obscene amounts of symbolism? GENIUS!"
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 12:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Drink Drunk View Post
The Stone Angel
I had to read that in high school. I didn't like it either.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 02:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonopus View Post
I freaking hate The Great Gatsby
Seconded
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
I just finished reading House of Leaves, and I really, really wish The Navidson Record was just a short story unto itself.
I thought this book had some really interesting shit in it, but the ending just sort of fell apart for me. Were you disappointed by the ending as well? It just seemed to really go nowhere after all that.

And the COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY, bloated, self-important appendix pissed me off. But The Navidson Record was fascinating. I like how a lot of things about the house were suggested rather than flatly spelled out for the reader.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM       
I like the Great Gatsby, The Old Man and the Sea, The Odyessy, Moby Dick, and most of the work of Poe and Twain. They don't make great movies though but I like them.

I do hate Tolkein books or pretty much anything dealing with eleves. Never read a science fiction book I liked either.

GUESS IM JUST CULTURED

Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM       
If thats culture then I can live without it.
He speaks truth!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM       
The One Tree , Stephen R. Donaldson's second book in the "second chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever"

600 pages of suck.
You may already be there.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo View Post
If thats culture then I can live without it.
AND I CAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU!

Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM       
No surprise there...
He speaks truth!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM       
The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver
Freelance Product Tester
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver The Giver
Hey, that book was awesome. It was the first dystopian book I read, and that was all the way back in 6th Grade. However, nostalgia may be clouding my judgment. I should go read it again.
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM       
The Great Gatsby. By Jove, it never ends!!!!!
Whip wielder
Symphony of the Belmonts is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:17 PM       
Moby Dick. Bad enough it was boring and worse that I read it because it was on a list of books one should read. I think I just skimmed large parts.