Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Im one good looking Troll
monster_movie_night is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:41 PM       
i like this

Last edited by MLE : Dec 10th, 2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Seriously isn't hard. Just look at the edited post and learn how to youtube.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:48 PM       
Uh, okay. In the future, post stuff like that in the YouTube thread in General Blabber, okay?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 09:41 AM       

I went to an awesome museum drilled into a mountain by an eccentric millionaire.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 03:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
repost in art shit and i'll tell you how to fix it

Awright Emily, I'm intrigued. USE YOUR ART MOD POWERS TO MAKE THIS PHOTOREALISTIC
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM       
Ignoring the obvious rough edges of a work in progress, of course
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM       
make it look more like an apple

:advice
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 02:22 AM       
Pop the lights and the dark more. The more contrast you have versus the picture, the more hyper-real it will look. If there's a way to have the sharp edge of the apple stay and have the other side of the color fade to the next, you might want to think about doing that. You should also add a basic shadow at the bottom so it's not floating in midair.

Once that's done, I'm not sure if I'd even have any other critiques. You're already very accurate in your work, and it just needs a few minor tweaks to make it look real.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:06 PM       
I'm starting to work on collages and other random craft projects. I'll be posting them once I get my scanner up.
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:56 PM       
I agree, about upping contrast on the apple. When you do that, the saturation is generally also pushed up though, so you might want to dial that down. The specular highlights look really good. Is this being done on a wacom tablet?
Ancient Mariner
Old May 11th, 2011, 02:43 PM       
no. touchpad.
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:28 PM       
Looks like you get some good control with one. I use a mouse for everything graphical and it's not very comfortable. Sometimes an entire folder of images has to have a rig painted out or cracks smoothed. That's incentive for getting it right in-camera. Are you going to post the updated version?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM       
this forum makes me want to art so bad but i cannot art and the only art i can do is photography and no one gives a fuck about photography
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM       
You know my stance on that, buddy.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM       
http://jezebel.com/5802289/the-seven...esses/gallery/

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Art Nouveau, mfkrs
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:52 PM       
I love shit like that
Edit: kinda similar
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:23 PM       
I have synesthesia, mostly cross-wired numbers and colors, and I have the vague idea to paint a "synesthesia" series on smallish canvases. Various numbers in various fonts in the colors they are in my head.

I usually paint in acrylic but I think maybe acrylic won't make me happy with these. I've hated oils in the past but may have to go back to them.

Anyway, is this a stupid idea, do you think?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:32 PM       
It's extremely personal, whether that's good or bad.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:35 PM       
Well, in personal terms I think it makes all the difference as to whether I can muster any art or not. If everything just was what it was, I'd have no incentive to create.

For some reason, I am itching to paint a dark, bluish kelly-green 9. And then a red-orange 5.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:53 PM       
I didn't mean personal things are bad - just that the meaning behind it is such that other people couldn't possibly appreciate it as much as you can. But go for it. I always like to see people doing things.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 05:35 AM       
I'd be interested to see that. If you could get the colours just right, it would be a prefect glimpse inside your brain.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 02:42 PM       
Soo, I've decided to learn to draw properly before I start classes again, as it was really holding me back and damaging my confidence. I'm working through a book called 'Drawing on the right side of the brain' by Betty Edwards. So far, it seems to be good, but I have yet to get to anything concrete.

Does anyone have hints/tips/advice/books to help me out? Much appreciated.
Ancient Mariner
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:01 AM       
buy a few thick pads of 18 x 24 newsprint and do lots and lots of scribble gestures, focusing on being as fast and wild as you possibly can. fill up an entire thing of it, with multiple drawings on each page. Make damn sure you draw from life. It's important to have fun and just concentrate on speed, looseness, and drawing large. You should be able to have a reasonably detailed gesture completed in a minute's time. Then bust out a sketchbook and draw every day. don't worry about making "good" drawings, just keep focusing on speed, drawing with your arm as opposed to your wrist, while slowly and surely getting more accurate over time through repetition. You have to commit to it, though. it's like weightlifting, it only works if you're committed
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:35 AM       
Chojin, I dunno if you read this thread or anything, but didn't you say somewhere at one point that the AutoCAD suite is available for free to students?
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Make damn sure you draw from life.
Why is this important?