Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:17 PM        The Haunted Horrors Of The 2012 Los Angeles County Fair!
Automatically generated comment thread for The Haunted Horrors Of The 2012 Los Angeles County Fair!.
Forum Virgin
ForgottenInvader is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM       
Wow three haunted attractions at one fair, I think that's unheard of. I love when they throw in all these horror characters in from all over. The cyclops is from "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" and the demon in the sixth picture of the "Creep Show" looks like the demon from the The Doctor episodes The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit. Is that a flying monkey from the Wizard of OZ in the last pic of page 3?!
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM       
Nice article as always.

You know I've got to think that adding all those lights and wrapping all of that artwork and stuff would have to cost a lot of money. I wonder why they don't just spend some of that money on the INSIDE instead and make a better ride.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:35 PM       
I'm amazed those things still exist. I remember every one as a kid being nearly identical to the video (almost nothing) and yet I was never once disappointed.
Forum Virgin
nirvana_infinity is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 01:25 AM       
Mr. Chainsaw with the lightning behind him reminds me of those old USA Thunder shirts that the redneck kids used to wear when I was in middle school. I'm pretty sure they were Wal-Mart exclusives at the time. If they brought them back now with Mr. Chainsaw, I'd totally rock one.
Forum Virgin
nirvana_infinity is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 01:39 AM       
And I'm pretty sure that Satan on the exterior of Creepshow is supposed to be Darkness from Legend. A friend of mine bought a pretty cool mask based on that character many Halloweens ago. After hours of stuffing the huge horns and other prosthetic parts with toilet paper, meticulously gluing down the edges, and filling in the gaps with makeup he discovered on the way to the party that he was allergic to the spirit gum adhesive. Ouch.
A-bomb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:27 AM       
That is definitely Darkness. Between that and Pennywise on the Haunted Mansion, I have to assume that dark ride designers have some kind of Tim Curry fetish. I'm sure if you look close enough at the Zombie Mansion facade you can find the butler from Clue.
Recovering Lycanthrope
JohnnyQuest is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM       
HowardC, that's obvious - they spend the money on the outside, because once you've paid your admission, THEY DON'T CARE.

Great article, RoG! What did it sound like inside the rides? As much as I enjoy a good chiptune, I'm curious if there was music, sound effects, or just the crash and hiss of pneumatic actuators...
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:54 PM       
Thanks for the clarification on some of the characters on the facades.

ForgottenInvader
- Yeah, I couldn't believe they had three horror attractions. I've never seen more than one, unless you count the traditional house of mirrors / funhouse to be a horror attraction.

HowardC - What JohnnyQuest said. They lure you in and then it doesn't matter to them afterwards.

JohnnyQuest - It was mainly pneumatics, but there were a few sound effects like lightning crashes and ghostly "ooohs" 'n "ahhhs" in there.
an organism
Cybernetic is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 09:16 PM       
@ A-bomb: who DOESN'T have a Tim Curry Fetish?
I shot Wilhelm.
ChaiTea is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:08 AM       
Man, I miss L.A. something fierce. It's still in the high 90s here and doesn't feel like autumn at all.
Also, Al Cohaulic wasn't even at legal drinking age and he died of alcohol poisoning.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:30 AM       
For what it's worth, we did have quite a heat wave here recently. It was in the upper 90s and even 100s in parts of Southern California last week. That said, there's definitely a ton of Halloween stuff to do out here. When I moved out to L.A. about six years ago, I wasn't expecting much, but they really do celebrate the hell out of my favorite holiday here.
Forum Virgin
sewnupsmile is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:02 PM       
GREAT article -RoG-!!! Once again you have been able to take all of us who are either to far away, or otherwise engaged, right along with you! Awesome Artwork, and totally sweet how you concentrated on each part to get the full effect!