Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM       
It was brought up on SA the other day and the Marathon community seems to be pretty happy about it :D

Glad you like it too ;>
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 02:43 AM       
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H6QV8yxhQEM

I have a serious problem with this.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:24 PM       
Says it was removed due to a terms of use violation?

Anyway, there's an update on the dev blog for this game and I'll have a new video up within the week, most likely :o

http://marathonmax.blogspot.com
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM       
looking gooodd :]
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Says it was removed due to a terms of use violation?
it was basically the first part of your youtube but with an ad for a ringtone website pasted over the bottom sixth or so of the screen, i know that i reported it
was never good
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM       
haha :< I AM FAMOUS
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:13 AM       
Yeah. It was probably removed because there was a banner at the bottom for Max Payne/Marathon ringtones.

Which is very funny in retrospect.
was never good
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM       
no shit, I'd murder a dog for a marathon ringtone
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:16 PM       
man you just need to get a phone that lets you make your own ringtones for it no dog murder is required
was never good
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 01:56 AM       
Just uploaded a new deathmatch video of Marathon//Max to Gametrailers. It's embedded in my development blog:

http://marathonmax.blogspot.com

You might have to scroll down a bit to find it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 01:22 PM       
Slick, very slick. You've persuaded me to buy the Max Payne pack on Steam.

I wonder, though. Is this going to be a strict throwback to Marathon or will you offer your take on it? Not to say that a Marathon mod for Max Payne isn't unique, but the old school FPS games of yore started to meld together, their environments had a sameness to them. Is it going to be a deathmatch only affair, or will there be some sort of single player story involved.
was never good
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM       
Right now my plan is to have a 3-4 level single player game and a bunch of deathmatch levels. I don't want to get too involved with the single campaign since I'm mostly doing this project for my portfolio and the max-fx engine (and the lack of multiplayer) isn't going to allow this game as much exposure as it could get.
was never good
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 05:14 AM       
HEYO NEW UPDATES

http://marathonmax.blogspot.com/
:rog

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 01:40 PM       
Wicked rocket launcher.
was never good
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:08 PM       
Thanxx, I'm updating the blog soon with a direct render of it. As I'm learning the ropes of 3d studio max, I'm learning how to keep polycounts down, work the smooth groups better, and UV map decently, so I'm pretty proud of it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:43 PM       
Seriously, the textures look pro.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 10:53 AM       
He spends a lot of time on this. He's actually playing through and double checking things right now as we speak on the second map he's made.
was never good
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 06:52 PM       
Because i know that none of you read the blog, and some of you are interested!

http://marathonmax.blogspot.com/2008...er-marine.html

little-known fact: the backs of marines in the future are lego-compatible

also i am gonna single-handedly bring back the 3d model + wireframe promo photo thing from the 90s, WHO'S WITH ME?

kapwinng

This is an I-MOCKERY EXCLUSIVE SCREENSHOT WEEEOEOWOWOEOW because this picture mostly sucks, but you can get a much better look at the SPNK-R rocket launcher here than in other pictures. You can even see the comfortable shoulder padding!

there's more content in the blog post, so if you care, go read it there.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 07:01 PM       
Looks comfy. In the last shot, are those random barrels or shotgun shells?
was never good
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 07:09 PM       
Shotgun shells - all the ammo in Marathon is comically huge when it's on the ground so that you can actually spot it.

Most of what's taking me so long on this mod now is my complete lack of references both in 3d studio max and in the max payne modding 'community' (I did find a couple helpful people on 3drealms' forums, but they mostly work with Max Payne 1 because it's more mod-friendly).

But I could really use some help with 3d studio max - nothing in specific, just crits and some insight on faster and better ways to do things. Thus far, I've been figuring almost everything about this mod out on my own, and that takes a lot of time.

So, uh, let me know if you run into anyone like that, I guess!
was never good
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM       

pop pop
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM       
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS, FATHOM?

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 12:32 AM       
Nothing much, to be honest.
was never good
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 09:20 PM       
DEAR ZOMBOID

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4oXt1NSRaA

YOUR #1 FAN, CHOJIN
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM       
DEAR CHOJIN

I THINK YOU SHOULD CALL IT "MAXATHON"