Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM        local music scene is fucking retarded
made the decision the other day to quit both of the bands i'm in after this summer. local music has taken a huge fucking u-turn (at least around here) and it's killing me

when we started out it was all FREE basement shows, no desire to get big, yadda yadda. now, around here there's basically two places to play: an art gallery (either free shows or $5 donation, amazing space, totally DIY) or this place called rocko's which is kind of like a hall / bar. the catch with rocko's is that you have to sell between 10-50 tickets (depending on whether or not you're playing with a touring band) and only one group of people book shows there. oh, and the shows there are like $10+, and they book like 8 bands

it's just retarded. no one wants to sit through 8 local bands who are all literally copied and pasted myspace url's of eachother. and i dunno, i really miss FREE local music. for fuck's sake, it's not like we get paid for any of this (nor do i want to). and all the people i'm in bands with are all like "let's tour" or "when we make it big..." and all this shit

FUCK MAN CAN'T WE JUST PLAY SOME FUCKING MUSIC? I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF PEOPLE COME TO SEE ME PLAY

i'm a fucking bitch. die music die