Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:22 PM       
With the departure of TAM, it seems other Big?? teams are thinking:
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1259778

Barry Switzer would be turning over in his grave if he was dead.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 02:57 AM       
Wow no posts about the opening college football weekend. Weak.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 07:37 AM       
Was waiting till this morning for my opening remarks. Speaking of weak though, how bout them Trojans WhiteRat?

What does it mean though, does it mean that Minnesota has improved, or does it mean that Lane Kiffin successfully ruined USC? Time will tell I suppose. In either case that was a bit of a heartbreaker, even if you were just a USC hater like me and not a Gophers fan

Oregon apparently needs to go back to the old uniforms cause they haven't won shit since they changed them

LOL @ Georgia. This does prove that the SEC was right to be scared to schedule Boise State (I recall someone, maybe it was WhiteRat, saying that the SEC would consider the risk vs. reward factor of playing Boise State would make it not worth scheduling, turns out they were right )

Luke Fickell looks like he is taking a page from the Bobby Bowden book of coaching. Run that score up and run it up good!

Last edited by Pentegarn : Sep 4th, 2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Luke Fickel looks like he is taking a page from the Bobby Bowden book of coaching. Run that score up and run it up good!
Fickell has always been a D-minded coach--former DC, LB and coach at Akron of all places--so at least a shutout of even an admittedly weak 1-11 team last season, gives Nut fans some hope for the year.
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Wow no posts about the opening college football weekend. Weak.
Seems like every season, opening day consists of lopsided tune-up games, with a few marquee games thrown in for ratings.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM       
What about notre dame. Showing major problems at the quarterback position and couldn't even score any points in the first half against USF. So long to that darkhore national contender.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM       
Quote:
Speaking of weak though, how bout them Trojans WhiteRat?

What does it mean though, does it mean that Minnesota has improved, or does it mean that Lane Kiffin successfully ruined USC? Time will tell I suppose. In either case that was a bit of a heartbreaker, even if you were just a USC hater like me and not a Gophers fan
I think it's a combination of USC being a bit down and the Gophers being a bit better than what people were expecting. Before the game I thought Minnesota was a 5 win team and now i'm even more confident that that's the case this year. I've never been happier though after a close lose. The Gophs were 24 point underdogs so i'll take a 19-17 loss to a ranked team on the road with a new coach, qb, and schemes any day.

Quote:
LOL @ Georgia. This does prove that the SEC was right to be scared to schedule Boise State (I recall someone, maybe it was WhiteRat, saying that the SEC would consider the risk vs. reward factor of playing Boise State would make it not worth scheduling, turns out they were right )
This wasn't a strong Georgia team (6-7 last year) but Boise did handle them throughout so kudos to them. Unfortunately for them, they will beat up on the sinking ship that is the WAC which will hamper their chances of getting to the BCS championship game. If they run the table I won't have a problem with them going but it's still hard for me to get behind them when they play some really horrid teams.

Also Mark Richt is gone after this season.

I thouroughly enjoyed Brian Kelly going ape shit on his players during the Notre Dame game. Losing to USF helped make my weekend a good one.

All in all it was a great opening weekend. Between tv, ESPN3 and BTN2Go, I probably watched about 20 games and I even had a wedding to go on saturday afternoon.

Poor UCLA
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 11:49 PM       
This is what happens when you let Under Armour do their thing:

Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 03:17 PM       
Week 2 is fast approaching so here's the updated Top 25:

On The Cusp...
Arizona State 119, Auburn 85, USC 69, Georgia 52, Northwestern 40

What To Watch For:

Arizona vs. 9 Oklahoma State - Ok State is a darkhorse national title contender. Watch this if you like 27 year old QBs that sling it all over the field. Thurs night game.

21 Missouri vs. Arizona State - The Tigers travel to Tempe where they face off against PAC-12 team that some have picked to surprise and win the conference. Plus Vontaze Burfict is the best lineacker in the country. Friday night game.

Iowa vs. Iowa State - The Battle for the Cy-Hawk trophy. Bitter instate rivals.

16 Mississippi State vs. Auburn - The Bulldogs can make some noise in the SEC over the defending national champs, who struggled mightily to beat a lowly Utah State team last week.

3 Alabama vs. 23 Penn State What more needs to be said?

12 South Carolina vs. Georgia South Carolina can make a major statement in the SEC by easily dispatching a Georgia squad that was manhandled by Boise State. Boise lovers/haters will want to check this one out.

BYU vs. 24 Texas The Stormin' Mormons face off against a supposedly new and improved Texas team looking to make up for last year's embarrassing season.

Notre Dame vs. Michigan An improved Michigan can make most around the country happy by sending the Irish away with an 0-2 record.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 06:42 PM       
If not for how bad they are at least check it out for what they will be wearing:

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM       
But speaking of bad uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
This is what happens when you let Under Armour do their thing:

Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM       
Maryland is selling the uniforms now. 100 for a helmet and 200 for a jersey.

PS - Matthew Lesko owns and I still regret not being able to go as him for Halloween back in '04.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:22 AM       
Given the choice between those jerseys and Lesko's suit, I would have to go with the suit

Last edited by Pentegarn : Sep 12th, 2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: that 5 that got fat fingered into the post annoyed me
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM       
Congrats to Dennis Erickson and the AZ State Devs for pulling out the win over Missouri. The Sun Devils are used to blowing leads and this time was no different...only a missed Tige FG kept the win intact. And they won it in OT. Maybe this spells a turnaround in the football program. If Osweiler can stay consistent, the AZ Staters have a fairly weak schedule, facing only #13 Oregon on October 15 as a ranked opponent.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MailCall View Post
Congrats to Dennis Erickson and the AZ State Devs for pulling out the win over Missouri. The Sun Devils are used to blowing leads and this time was no different...only a missed Tige FG kept the win intact. And they won it in OT. Maybe this spells a turnaround in the football program. If Osweiler can stay consistent, the AZ Staters have a fairly weak schedule, facing only #13 Oregon on October 15 as a ranked opponent.
I stopped watching that game when they were up 30-16 on Mizzou.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 10:29 PM       
ND needs to quit giving the ball to their opponents every 3rd posession

OSU's QB needs to quit overthrowing every receiver by 15 yards

Georgia needs a new coach

Penn State needs to just stop scheduling Alabama

USC needs to stop their crazy head coach from burning decades of USC football tradition to the ground in under 3 years
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 10:18 AM       
Quote:

Penn State needs to just stop scheduling Alabama
To be fair, that was a VERY favorable spot on the "first down" Alabama was awarded...
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM        Bucks Lose
Positive twists from the Buckeye loss to Miami:

--Jordan Hall is a pretty good running back.
--Joe Bauserman ain't Joe Namath. He ain't even Joe Germaine. But at least they have Braxton Miller....
--Luke Fickell does a really good "stunned that we're getting our asses munched" John Cooper impersonation.
--Even though they lost this game, the Bucks DID beat Colorado in that stadium back in 1798.
--Jake Stoneburner has a protective force field composed of defensive backs and passes thrown over his head.
--Ohio State's second string is almost as good as Miami's third string.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM       
Temple should have beaten Penn State.
You may already be there.