Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Elecman.exe is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:58 PM        A Mock worthwhile
Someone please tell me why I-mockery is waiting like 3 weeks before making another update. And when they do, it's really not funny anymore. Aside from the Jack Frost reviews. Like that "Doctor Bactine Lives!" crap, and the endless supply of those stupid unfunny "Visionary Darkness" articles. I mean, cmon. I realize you have a life outside your computer, but you have several people working for this site already. At least do a Rom hack Review or two or maybe even a couple pixel pals comics. Those can't take that much effort. Or perhaps you've run out of things to mock?

Also, why make a zombie movie? No really. Not to insult your integrity, but you can only take living dead jokes SO far. How much did you say you wanted donated for this movie? $50,000? (Correct me if I'm wrong). Are you out of your mind? Look, even if you do make a zombie movie, all that will happen is it will fall into the annals of the B Grade horror section of local rental stores in Virginia, and maybe one "Video Update" in North Carolina. Why waste the time and effort?
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:11 PM        Re: A Mock worthwhile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecman.exe
Look, even if you do make a zombie movie, all that will happen is it will fall into the annals of the B Grade horror section of local rental stores in Virginia, and maybe one "Video Update" in North Carolina. Why waste the time and effort?
I think that's exactally what Rog WANTS to happen.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:30 PM       
I didn't think it would even go that far :/ But that'd be cool.

Recreate the Virus is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:46 PM       
I-mockery r0x0rs the bulge in my b0x0rs. Period.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM       
SO TRUE
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:00 PM       
Don't hate, appreciate.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:08 PM        Re: A Mock worthwhile
Quote:
Someone please tell me why I-mockery is waiting like 3 weeks before making another update.
Please tell me when we haven't updated the site in 3 weeks, because I'd sure as hell like to know.

Quote:
And when they do, it's really not funny anymore. Aside from the Jack Frost reviews. Like that "Doctor Bactine Lives!" crap, and the endless supply of those stupid unfunny "Visionary Darkness" articles.
That's your opinion, and if most people didn't find them amusing, we wouldn't still be doing them.

Quote:
I mean, cmon. I realize you have a life outside your computer, but you have several people working for this site already. At least do a Rom hack Review or two or maybe even a couple pixel pals comics. Those can't take that much effort. Or perhaps you've run out of things to mock?
Ok, here's where your ignorance about what exactly goes on at this site is showing. First off, I don't really have several people writing for this site anymore. Back in the day, sure, we had people submitting new content left 'n right, but these days... I'm lucky to get one new piece from one person on the staff each month.

Mew doesn't write for the site anymore, he just helps moderate the board when he happens to be around. McClain had a kid and he's been busy with his own shit, so we're lucky to get new material from him once every 6 months. Max Burbank has an extremely busy schedule with his job and family, but he still manages to turn in something new once every month or two usually. Protoclown is also really busy with his job and his own life, plus he's admittedly uninspired to write things at times, and unlike people who would try to force out something crappy... he's cool enough to just wait until a really good idea hits him before he turns in something. The other people on the staff such as Whoreable and Ninjavenom are either people who help manage our review sites or programmers or what have you (ie: they don't write humor pieces for I-Mockery)

That leaves Dr. Boogie and Pjalne. First off, they're both busy with their own work and/or sites, so that right there is going to take away from how much time they can dedicate to I-Mockery each month. Plus, we're currently working on a huge gaming piece where each page normally takes us at least several days to complete (both because the pages can be long, and we have limited time each day).

Then there's me. I write for the site all the time, but I'm not one of those guys who's gonna rush to get something out because I care about the quality of it. I work web jobs both in an office and from home, which easily eat away at my time, I take martial arts in the evenings, and I enjoy hanging out with my friends when time permits. If you think cranking out a quality rom hack review "can't take that much effort", then by all means, please try doing one. Tell me how long it takes you just to capture the sprites. Then tell me how long it takes you to animate them and format them for the web. Then tell me how long it takes you to write the review. You'll soon realize that an entire day or more has blown right by you. And that's just for a rom hack review, which are usually smaller than the minimocks (which really aren't so "mini" anymore). Some of those things take well over a week to put together, yet I'm still here trying my hardest to give people free entertainment each week.

As for Pixel Pals, I've said for a while that I'm going to start back up on them, and I will. But I'm not going to start on them until I'm ready to get back into it on a daily basis.

Quote:
Also, why make a zombie movie? No really. Not to insult your integrity, but you can only take living dead jokes SO far.
Again, a matter of your opinion and not mine nor the opinion of many other horror/comedy genre fanatics.

Quote:
How much did you say you wanted donated for this movie? $50,000? (Correct me if I'm wrong). Are you out of your mind? Look, even if you do make a zombie movie, all that will happen is it will fall into the annals of the B Grade horror section of local rental stores in Virginia, and maybe one "Video Update" in North Carolina. Why waste the time and effort?
If I was in this to get rich, which appears to be the motivation behind all of your actions in life, I'd be doing something completely different. I'm doing this because this is where my interests lie and this is what I love. What you call wasted time is what I call the best of times.

del Elecman.exe

-RoG-
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:10 PM       
I love you, Rog.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:13 PM       
OWNED

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:44 PM        Re: A Mock worthwhile
Oh, Elecman. I'm so very disappointed with you. Your long absence from the boards has ended with you making such a half-a-minded post.

You say you're unimpressed with the recent content. That is positively awful. It's a good thing you complained here on the boards, though. Feel free to stick around, looking at things you hate, rather than moving on to bother other people on other humor sites.

Consider this a challenge, my friend. I challenge you to write something of a humorous nature. It can be on any topic you want, and can be any length. When you finish it, email it to me. If it's any good, I'll show it to Mock and say, "hey, the whiny pedant actually managed to deliver." If not, I'll put it up on the boards so that everyone else can see what an impotent meatloaf you are.

Make sure you send it to me, though. Mock already has a mailbox full of awful submissions from people that thought they could do better.

So what do you say?
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:48 PM       
I have a feeling the e-mail will go something like this:

What's the deal with tuna? Both people AND cats can eat it! What's up with that? I don't know!
Elecman.exe is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:05 PM        Re: A Mock worthwhile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Oh, Elecman. I'm so very disappointed with you. Your long absence from the boards has ended with you making such a half-a-minded post.

You say you're unimpressed with the recent content. That is positively awful. It's a good thing you complained here on the boards, though. Feel free to stick around, looking at things you hate, rather than moving on to bother other people on other humor sites.

Consider this a challenge, my friend. I challenge you to write something of a humorous nature. It can be on any topic you want, and can be any length. When you finish it, email it to me. If it's any good, I'll show it to Mock and say, "hey, the whiny pedant actually managed to deliver." If not, I'll put it up on the boards so that everyone else can see what an impotent meatloaf you are.

Make sure you send it to me, though. Mock already has a mailbox full of awful submissions from people that thought they could do better.

So what do you say?
I say name the subject matter, you may feel free to choose

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:08 PM       
Oh no, my friend. You see, those of us who write for i-mockery have to come up with our own ideas on what to write about. Furthermore, I wouldn't want you to be able to say that I gave you a bad topic. The choice is yours, and yours alone.
agroskaterik is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
The choice is yours, and yours alone.
Is'nt that what the big stone face guy says on Legends of the Hidden Temple?

P.S. Elecman, you are retarded.

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:20 PM       
Olmec. And yeah, he probably said that. It's been years since I've seen that show.

It's entirely possible that everything I've posted or written about is from some TV show I saw when I was a kid.
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:25 PM       
Those temple guards fucking scared me . But that's off topic.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:25 PM       
How come elecman's fashion changes all the time? First he was a megaman character with elecman in his avatar and an elecman quote. Then his shtick was aquaman and now it's the professor from futurama.

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:28 PM       
Because he's an exe with a virus. The AIDS virus.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:29 PM       
Could he just...die already?
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:30 PM       
Says the the guy who use to be a hostage, a robot, zorak, and two talking eggs

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:30 PM       
No, he's like Magic Johnson.

*Elecman. Not Rongi.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:31 PM       
Goddamn stupid ******...

Jason is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:35 PM       

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:36 PM       
You spelled 'owned' wrong.

Jason is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
You spelled 'owned' wrong.