That explains why you felt the need to post in it noob
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM       
you're gay
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM       
I used to be straight, but then I took one look at noob3's little pink poofy anime things and knew I just had to have his ass.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 06:29 PM       
Doyle and Danzig have no problem with each other. Doyle played some old Misfits songs with Danzig on his last tour and Danzig is helping Doyle out with his new band Gorgeous Frankenstein which is shaping up to be fucking awesome.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 08:04 PM       
I finally broke down and read Wikipedia's bio on the Misfits. Previous research on other pages merely said "they broke up in '83, had a 10 year legal dispute and now there is the misfits again."

I guess they were always arguing in the last year or so, Danzig already had Samhain planned as a side project, and after getting a new drummer who was piss drunk at a show, Danzig annouced "This is the last time we play live". Then they broke up. I know i'm forgetting details.

However, I did read about Doyle and Danzig doing 30 minute Misfit sets before Danzig played. GODDAMN, I wish I knew. I may have actually left the house. I would actually PAY 20, maybe 25 dollars to see that.

I am an old Misfits fan, old enough to be horrified when I heard they "got back together" back in '95. I refused to listen to it. A few years later, I got into arguements with an acquaitance about the whole thing. He claimed Jerry Only had a full legal right to the lyrics of the songs as he "wrote most of them". My position was, and still is, if you actually read the lyrics to Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig, there is a certain style to them. I can not cite examples but it's just the way things are worded. That style of wording is prevalent in all three bands. So, to me, it seems apparent that Danzig wrote MOST of the words. Maybe he got some ideas from Jerry Only, Eerie Von, Lyle Preslar, Brian Baker, London May, John Christ, Doyle, Robo, or Chuck Biscuits... I don't know, I wasn't there.

But it seems to me Danzig created the Misfits and i'd rather pay maybe 27.50 for a chance to see Danzig and Doyle do some old Misfit songs than I would to pay 27.50 to put a Jerry Only action figure on layaway.

I'm going to start a new thread as I have other things to say that's not directly (or remotely) related to the Misfits.
Banned
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 10:33 AM       
please don't. go to some board where.. people care. yeah.
Creepy Old Fart
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM       
Noob, how come yo kitty cat got a limp dick on it forehead?
Banned
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM       
I'm not sure what your cat or your dick looks like, but I can assure you that they are both hideously deformed.
Creepy Old Fart
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 08:28 AM       
Huh. I guess The Misfits played my town last weekend. I think the show may have been cheap too, like 15 bucks or something.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 03:31 PM       
lol 'the misfits' lololol
Creepy Old Fart
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 05:23 PM       
sorry, Sacks... "The Jerry Only Band"
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Dec 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM       
I like to call them Jerry's Kids.
Creepy Old Fart
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 07:16 PM       
There's actually a band called "Jerry's Kids" from the 80's. I'm not really sure what they are like, though.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Dec 12th, 2007, 09:36 PM       
Yeah but no one knows/cares about them.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 10:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediScum View Post
I finally broke down and read Wikipedia's bio on the Misfits. Previous research on other pages merely said "they broke up in '83, had a 10 year legal dispute and now there is the misfits again."

I guess they were always arguing in the last year or so, Danzig already had Samhain planned as a side project, and after getting a new drummer who was piss drunk at a show, Danzig annouced "This is the last time we play live". Then they broke up. I know i'm forgetting details.

However, I did read about Doyle and Danzig doing 30 minute Misfit sets before Danzig played. GODDAMN, I wish I knew. I may have actually left the house. I would actually PAY 20, maybe 25 dollars to see that.

I am an old Misfits fan, old enough to be horrified when I heard they "got back together" back in '95. I refused to listen to it. A few years later, I got into arguements with an acquaitance about the whole thing. He claimed Jerry Only had a full legal right to the lyrics of the songs as he "wrote most of them". My position was, and still is, if you actually read the lyrics to Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig, there is a certain style to them. I can not cite examples but it's just the way things are worded. That style of wording is prevalent in all three bands. So, to me, it seems apparent that Danzig wrote MOST of the words. Maybe he got some ideas from Jerry Only, Eerie Von, Lyle Preslar, Brian Baker, London May, John Christ, Doyle, Robo, or Chuck Biscuits... I don't know, I wasn't there.

But it seems to me Danzig created the Misfits and i'd rather pay maybe 27.50 for a chance to see Danzig and Doyle do some old Misfit songs than I would to pay 27.50 to put a Jerry Only action figure on layaway.

I'm going to start a new thread as I have other things to say that's not directly (or remotely) related to the Misfits.

Danzing wrote the lyrics, and probably came up with the less monster-related song ideas, but jerry only wrote most of the actual music himself.