Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 05:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
it's called choosing the lesser of two evils
Too bad it's not called "choosing which cantidate you like" instead of "Choosing the cantidate that is the opponent of the cantidate you hate."

Yer Startin to sound red and by that I mean you'd preffer a hammer and cicle over a hamburger

:gtareference
How the hell is that communist?
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Okay, having read into this a wee bit further, I'm confused.

The NIE is a document written expressly for the president. As far as I can tell, it is a one page document, and while they may have been briefed on it's contents, the Senate doesn't have access to it.

The Kerry campaign wants it released so people can see what it said, and the white hiouse is refusing, just as they did prior to the leaking of the NIE titled "Ossama Bin Laden determined to attack inside United States". After the info became public, their argument that the NIE in question said nothing about Bin Laden's interest in attacking inside the United states seemed... somewhat thinner.

The NIE in question is not the 93 page back-up paper. It is a one page summary.

Can anybody sort this out for me? And I don't mean their opinion, I mean can anyone find a source that says who's talking about what?
Post story from a year ago - Bush didn't read it

The person in charge of preparing the document was weapons expert Robert Walpole.

(...According to the Independent of London, Walpole has a track record of tailoring his work to support the preconceived conclusions of his superiors. “In 1998, he had come up with an estimate of the missile capabilities of various rogue states that managed to sound considerably more alarming than a previous CIA estimate issued three years earlier,” the newspaper will report. “On that occasion, he was acting at the behest of a congressional commission anxious to make the case for a missile defense system; the commission chairman was none other than Donald Rumsfeld ....” Independent, 11/3/03 )

Tenet briefed the Senate Intelligence Committee (and John Kerry) on the upcoming NIE on Sept 24, 2002. The NIE was officially released on Oct 1, 2002. The Senate (and John Kerry) voted on Oct 11, 2002 to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq (if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N. resolutions.) The SOTU address was delivered on Jan 28, 2003. Thwar started Mar 20, 2003. The NIE was de-classified on July 18, 2003. At that point, it was admitted that neither Rice nor Bush had read the entire report. July 14, 2004... a year later... this is somehow news.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Nyttelijbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 04:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
How the hell is that communist?
I made an absurd joke, & ArrowX decided he could be 'clever' too, & top me.

Sometimes I think my stupidity opens the door for the rest of the idiots.