Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM        GAS
Quote:
The average price of a gallon of regular gas crept past $4 for the first time in U.S. history over the weekend, and that doesn't reflect the furious two-day surge that pushed oil prices to a record-shattering $139 a barrel on Friday.
That, says one expert, will add as much as 20 cents in the coming weeks.
Link

Yall know what the link is about.

Has how you live or work changed since the price of gas has went up so much in the past 6-8 months? I wasn't really sweating it until it hit about $3.50 a gallon, but now it is actually affecting how I live.

I work from home now about two days a week instead of driving to the corporate office. I also work longer days (getting roughly 40 by mid/end of Thursday)so that I won't have to drive anywhere on Friday. I get paid for mileage when going to a customer site if I can't resolve the issue remotely, so it isn't that bad, but they just raised the mileage reimbursement up to $0.485 a mile about a month ago, so I don't see them upping it again anytime soon. Also, I plan out my monthly finances different now. Groceries are getting higher and obviously it's taking more and more money just to get around.

Luckily I'm fortunate enough to work in a part of the IT world(Networking) where I can do things remotely, and luckily I have some type of reimbursement for going out to sites, but I'm still noticing changes in my everyday life. I'm also lucky to be 22 years old because young folk are like the Back To The Future De Loreans of society. We can basically consume cheap garbage (bologna sammiches, ramen, eggs, Evan Williams, Ancient Age, etc)and run for days. Sometimes even time travel.

Basically, I think I'm going to have to start playing more video games instead of going out.

How is gas f*c*ing with yall?