Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 08:03 PM        web counters
So, according to NextGenStats, which I've been very happy with in the past, my web traffic for all my sites has gone waaaaaaay down in the past year. I figured that it was no big deal, after all I only pay for one of my three sites and it's worth it for personal use and such. However, the site for which I actually pay has a more comprehensive yet less convenient web statistics system than the one I added to it, and it seems to reveal that I've had much much more traffic than NextGenStats would have me believe. I've figured out that a large chunk of this comes from search bots, which NGS doesn't pick up, but there's still a lot of unaccounted for stats. Is there something going on where certain browsers don't count for stats, or is there a security function that does that, or is NGS just buggy?

Along those lines, my UChicago website registered on Google almost immediately, whereas my IU site comes up only with one search that I know of and is otherwise totally ignored by Google. Is there any way I can remedy that?

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT