Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM       
Yeah, but the question is does it have Tom Waits in it like Mystery Men does? I rest my case.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 06:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
What are you talking about? They had that scene where the rioters spraypainted "who watches the watchmen?" on a wall during a flashback.
They never called themselves Watchmen. Outside of that one instance, I mean. They're just referred to as masked heroes.

And, instead of the Crimebusters in the comic, it's "The Watchmen", so it's all good.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:25 AM       
They were called the Minutemen.

I just got back from the premiere. Fucking greeeeeeeat. I still prefer the graphic novel, but it's kinda like the Shining movie; the source material in both is damn near flawless and it'd be impossible to do either of them complete justice so you need to take them on their own merits.

Silk Spectre II was so hot

That was very funny. Well done.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:49 AM       
Someone ruin the ending for me so I don't have to go see it, I don't much care for altered endings.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:48 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHH...?link_id=38482
pickled
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 03:11 AM       
I'd watch it.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 11:34 AM       
Oh god, I was hoping they didn't actually refer to them as "the Watchmen" in the movie. So I guess that means that Zack Snyder doesn't get the title at ALL...
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 01:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Silk Spectre II was so hot
THIS IS SO TRUE.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown View Post
Oh god, I was hoping they didn't actually refer to them as "the Watchmen" in the movie. So I guess that means that Zack Snyder doesn't get the title at ALL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
They were called the Minutemen.
:/
pickled
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
:/
They were called the Crimebusters.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM       
Saw it yesterday.

It is aight for what it is. Like FZ said, it is kind of hard to make the graphic novel into a movie. There is just so many little things in the book that they didn't (and couldn't) put in the movie due to time constraints. You never really get the background of exactly why and how all the heroes came to be. In the book you get to read over Under The Hood to have a better understanding of everything. They basically used the opening credits (which were about three minutes) as a substitute for Under The Hood.

If I had never read Watchmen then to be honest I probably wouldn't have cared too much for the movie. I feel like the movie compliments the novel. But isn't it always the case with a book to movie?

It was real eye candy though. It is def worth 13.50 (IMAX), a few pints of ale (if your theater lets you bring in drinks), and three hours of your time though!
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 12:35 AM       
Only problem I had with it was the ending, where
Spoilers!
But the rest ofr the movie was so damn perfect I can forgive that.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 03:11 AM       
Yeah, I kinda missed that. Veidt's a fucking dick. He needed to get smacked somehow.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 03:23 AM       
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM       
Priceless.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Yeah, I kinda missed that. Veidt's a fucking dick. He needed to get smacked somehow.
You're kidding, right?

Spoilers!

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 06:25 PM       
i loved it the changed ending didn't bother me much and tricky dick's nose made me laugh

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 07:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
tricky dick's nose made me laugh
Yeah, that was all I could see when he was on screen. That, and Nixon from Futurama and his "ARRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" whenever I heard his voice.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM       
ugh they did actually call themselves "the watchmen" in the movie n/m my prior comment

Spoilers!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
You're kidding, right?
Meh. He didn't look touched enough, to me. Not REALLY hurt. But I guess we're at odds with a lot of stuff about this movie, so take that with a grain of salt, I guess.
¿
wobzire is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:40 PM       
That was rape. I have nothing positive to say.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM       
From just watching the movie and not reading the GN I have a question.

In prison...
Spoilers!
OH GOD
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM       
it was in the original. or at least i remember them killing the dude, whether or not it was by buzzsaw idk
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM       
In the comic he was blocking the lock so they just cut his throat and burned through him with the blow torch they had.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:08 AM       
As I recall, they had a key. And the man blocked it. I guess Zack Snyder and Co. decided to save time for the cinema crowd.