Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 10:50 PM        Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day
I just saw it and I freaking loved it!

If you enjoyed the first one, and if it is playing in your city, this is a must see.

While the woman who played the new FBI agent (Julie Benz) is no Willem Dafoe, she did a good job and was a fun and interesting character.

I wasn't as thrilled with the Romeo character. I didn't dislike him, but as a character meant to replace Rocco, he just couldn't measure up. He was good, but not great.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM       
Is the story pretty cohesible with the first one? Do you need to see the first one to enjoy the 2nd?(Not sure if my g/f has seen the first one)
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM       
You kind of do because there are a lot of references to the first movie. Like the three Boston detectives are all worried they will get in trouble for how the first movie ended for example. Or how Julie Benz's character knows Agent Smeckler.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 10:22 PM       
Visually the Romeo guy reminded me of Tadao for some reason. I kept mentally referencing Tadao.

The FBI agent's accent I found annoying as hell but then again, I always hate when people put on accents for a role and it was probably just extra-distracting to me for some reason.

I also didn't like that they had to go back to the same formula (wacky, dimwitted different-ethnicity sidekick, for example). I would have liked to see more backstory on the dad.

Mainly, though, we were all, "Ricky! Hey, it's Ricky! That's Ricky!"

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM       
I've never seen either the first nor the second.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 06:01 PM       
Isn't it just a bunch of drunk Irishmen with guns being all Catholic? I see that every March 17th.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 06:16 PM       
See the first one. It's magnificent. I still don't know how I feel about the second.

Although, both of them make me think I'm watching someone play GTA: Boston, for some reason.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 11:29 PM       
Watched em both today. First won was good, the 2nd just didn't do it for me.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 11:47 PM       
I enjoyed the 2nd one, but I don't think it is for everyone, it is more of a send up of the first. Though I find it got better after I saw it a couple times.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 11:50 PM       
If I hadn't of watched the first one for the first time just hours before it, I may have been left wanting more and accepted the cheesier part 2. Waaaaay too much schtick in the 2nd.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 11:52 PM       
I was actually thinking watching them back to back like that might be detrimental to the enjoyment of the 2nd one. There was a lot of schtick in the 2nd one like you said though, I know some people were put off by that
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 12:40 AM       
TADAO you're the other documentary geek around these parts; while we're on the subject of the Boondock Saints, you should watch Overnight
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 12:45 AM       
"A documentary on the rise and stumble of Troy Duffy, the bartender-cum-filmmaker who was swept up by Miramax's Harvey Weinstein to turn his script for The Boondock Saints into a feature film."

It'll have to get that some time, I'm almost out of time and back at the GF's.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 10:20 AM       
Like any other documentary of that vein (like King of Kong for example) it only tells one side of the story. There are articles about how it went beyond 'creative editing' to cast Duffy in a bad light.

After all, if he were the asshole he were portrayed as in Overnight, why would the entire cast gleefully return to make a sequel with such a small budget?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 12:20 PM       
Because that whole cast hasn't worked in ages?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM       
This movie was made by two of the guys that Duffy hilariously SHRIEKS at in the footage itself, what kind of moron would be expecting it to be unbiased?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 01:57 PM       
I haven't seen an unbiased documentary since forever. IF EVER.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 02:21 PM       
Lake of Fire is the only one I can think of
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM       
Still, am I the only one who thought that both of these films were like watching a GTA-style video game? Specifically GTA IV.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 01:29 PM       
I've never actually played GTA. It always kinda seemed dumb to me.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 06:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I've never actually played GTA. It always kinda seemed dumb to me.
That was the most useless two sentences of the year so far.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 09:38 AM       
I hear that documentary about the director or whatever is hilarious if you hate the movie.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD