Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:21 PM       
I love disgustingly hard games sometimes, the last being Demon's Souls. The animation's nice, the characters are paper-thin weirdos, and it's got a different take on relationships than most games do. Vincent is whiny, but he's not you in the end. I played it like that. I thought both of the broads were exceptionally needy and really didn't like either, but aside from that, the story didn't disappoint me.

The best part is finding out what other people said in the rocket confessional.

And I still don't think it's wrong to live with someone without marrying them, unlike the other 3/4's of people playing the game. That was a stupid question.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:29 PM       
I didn't get to play Demon's Souls but wanted to. I don't have the cash for a ps3 though, and most games that are PS3 only don't spark my interest as much as the 360 only games. That said, I would like to get one to play this and Twisted Metal.

As for living without marriage, I'm fine with that. It's like a testing phase to see how it would be like when you do get married. Most of the time women are totally different when you're around them 24/7 and without the testing phase you'd be thrown into that shit and it would end in divorce.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 09:30 PM       
I don't think it's disgustingly hard. I'm maybe halfway through on normal and haven't seen what the hubub is about. I'm not that-

WAIT. LIVING WITH SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT MARRIED TO?!
YOU NEW-AGED HIPPIE BASTARD. WHY I AUGHTA-

I would have enjoyed Demon's Souls more if the core combat mechanics were a little more fleshed out. Which is basically where I am with Catherine; difficulty doesn't really bother me or anything, but the core design is bare. If Vincent became an asshole if I was leaning towards Catherine (why?), that might be kinda cool, or if I went the other way and he, you know, STOPPED going to that one bar that causes all of these problems and had to hide from a stalking Catherine outside his window or something, that would be cool.

It would have been a really cool game, but it just falls short on it's potential. I think Atlus just wants to make a fucking anime, but then adds gameplay later (see: TWO HOUR INTRODUCTION TO PERSONA 4. WHY.)

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 09:41 PM       
Persona 4 anime coming out, so I suppose they're gonna fulfill that dream or some shit.

I like dis game a lot for reasons I can't explain with mere facts. But you're right. I probably wouldn't pay the full price they want for it. Definitely not.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:49 AM       
I love Atlus´ games but I´ll pass on Catherine, I just don´t think I´d like it.

I DO however like Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes that I picked up for cheap yesterday. Who needs Dynasty Warriors when you can have THIS. A lot of stupid button-destroying fun. Six Swords with 3 blades each at the same time? Yes please.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I thought both of the broads were exceptionally needy and really didn't like either...
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:50 AM       
JUST LIKE A WOMAN
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:08 AM       
Finally got Chrono Cross working on an emulator. Only took 6 hour to figure out to do it.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM       
Been playing way too much Killing Floor. Finally got to level 5 sharpshooter, so I get to spawn with a lever-action!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM       
I played GunGrave last night and it's really really short.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM       
You're in for a treat with the second one, then, because I beat it in three hours.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:18 PM       
I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for them, then.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM       
Well, considering that Gungrave: Overdose was released at $15 in 2005, I certainly hope you didn't pay anything more for it.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM       
Huh, I never knew that GunGrave was a budget title.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:30 PM       
It's one of my favorite PS2 games, so I didn't care much. I love seeing a score in a video game.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:30 PM       
I really loved the anime back when Tech TV showed it at midnights during the week, but never actually found a copy of the game in stores. I don't regret buying it, though. GunGrave is awesome.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:45 PM       
The concept of an undead dude carrying around a coffin filled with guns will always appeal to me.

Made me like jazz, too.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM       
I don't what it is about it. Just a big mixture of gangland drama, cowboys, zombies, and mutants, I suppose. There isn't anything that isn't not awesome about it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:48 PM       
The constant blood transfusions were cool, too.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:51 PM       
I liked it. Grave was super powerful and a badass, but he also had such huge set backs. It really made you feel sorry for him.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:57 PM       
The two additional characters in Overdose are great, too. I love their stories.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM       
Oh, they have their own stoylines? I kinda thought they were just going to be tacked on extra characters. Rockabilly Redcadillac is a kick ass name either way, though.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
The concept of an undead dude carrying around a coffin filled with guns will always appeal to me.

Made me like jazz, too.
I didn't think that said jazz at first.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 04:11 PM       
It doesn't say jazz. What are you talking about?
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM       
Finished 2 Stories in Samurai Heroes. Pretty hillarious how Mitsunari is just fucking boiling with hatred which is by the way the only emotion he knows. All he does is scream and swear and kill hundreds of these poor defenseless fodder-troops while he massacres his way from A to B :D

Started another round with that strange floaty-Ninjamage-dude that beats people to a pulp with his magic...er...bead-thingies. Fun.

I love all the unlockable stuff, the allies, the upgrades, I think this is one of those games that offer a lot for your money
Doesn´t seem to have online MP though which is a shame.

I also thought about getting Insanely twisted shadow planet but 1200 points is a little much as I don´t even know how long the game is...