Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM        Spoiler Tags
I'm not sure if maybe we already have this and I'm just to much of a fool to realize it. If not I think it'd be a good idea to implement them, personally I don't enjoy feeling like I've been assigned a creative writing project every time I need to insert a spoiler warning.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM       
Second.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM       
Are we talking the kind you click or the kind you highlight.
Woah flashback.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM       
I think there should be an expandable tag that you click it and it automatically opens up and puts in the rest of the text. Like:

This is what the tag would look like:
SPOILER whatever the person wants to describe the spoiler as (public knowledge stuff)

And then click it and it changes to:
SPOILER
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
SPOILER
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 05:57 PM       
I like how 4chan does it, where the spoiler'd text is blacked out and only reveals it's SCANDALOUS SECRETS when you move your mouse over it.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM       
I don't like that version. I'm talking about almost like a livejournal cut type of thing.
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
I don't like that version. I'm talking about almost like a livejournal cut type of thing.
Ie, what I said (type you click).

The blacked out ones have compatibility issues for older internet explorers and several other browsers.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
I have no idea what that is
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
The Livejournal thing, that is.

Also, why haven't you upgraded to 7 yet, it's gr8
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 06:37 PM       
How about we have another contest in the art forum for a "SPOILER ALERT" image. Nothing too huge or whatever, but whichever one we go with, I'll set it up as a :spoiler emoticon that we can use wherever we want.

Sound good?
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM       
I think we need to have it so the spoiler isn't in text on the page until something is clicked, because some people do browse the site from sidekicks and other phones, and they don't have nearly the same compatibility. Maybe make it so instead of it saying spoiler, we can have an image, but I still think it really needs something clickable instead of just highlighting the text a different color.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
How about we have another contest in the art forum for a "SPOILER ALERT" image. Nothing too huge or whatever, but whichever one we go with, I'll set it up as a :spoiler emoticon that we can use wherever we want.

Sound good?
Do you mean an emoticon that just says Spoiler Warning, without actually covering up any text? That's not very useful to be honest.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM       
< SPOILERS
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 09:22 PM       
I know that some forums have a spoiler cut where you just click a button and it shows you the cut text if you choose to see it.

I REMEMBER SUGGESTING THIS A YEAR AGO TOO
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 09:23 PM       
No, it's like a tag in forum code. We have it at another forum I frequent. You just type
Spoilers!

And you have to click on it to view it. Not an image.

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 10:47 PM       
I think it would be handy to go the extra mile and have it create an image, that way it is easily recognizeable. It might have been an option on phpbb, but if it was, I never saw it used on here.
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM       
Okay, here we go...

Looking up vBulletin spoiler tags, I found something that just may work. Here's the basic thingy:

Spoilers!

Help me test it!

This version of it is short and sweet. I'm not going to modify it aesthetically until I'm sure it works how you people want.

The tags are [spoiler=id]Spoiler content[/spoiler]. That "id" may have to be unique on EACH page in the forum, not just in each post. Please play around with it, don't yell about how it looks, simply see if it functions like the majority of you would like it to work.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM       
Spoilers!
OH GOD
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM       
Spoilers!

Last edited by executioneer : Jan 3rd, 2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: it helps if i actually use the right tag (edit: or maybe it doesnt)
OH GOD
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM       
Spoilers!
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM       
Yeah, it's going to need an id or clicking the button won't know what to show or hide.
OH GOD
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM       
Spoilers!
OH GOD
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM       
haha and using the same id it only opens the first one on the page when you click a button

you may be able to get away with only changing the tag if you post two spoilers or more in a page
OH GOD
lets see
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Spoilers!