Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:10 AM        What language is this?
Someone recently sent in this review of Final Fantasy 2. This is the review before I attempted to make sense of it:

This is a rare rpg that never formaly relest in the us. This is one of the beter nes rpg's Ive seen. This is not an rpg for every one case the many hours of building up your charters.

The story is the evil Paramekian empire invades where your party of four orphans (Frioniel,
Leonheart, Maria, and Guy)runing for there lives. Where you battle 4 DKknights. They kill your party, dont worry its part of the story. Frionel wakes up heald by a lady Hilda and one of her white mages, youll quickly find Guy and Maria but Lionheart is missing and so your adventure begins.

The advancemet system in FF2 is very difrent insted of charater levels your stats and weapon/ spell use depends what you do in battle. You ware heviy aromr and just attack your strengh gose up, but to prevent super charaters some stats gose up as others gose down building up yor int will bring down your strengh.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:19 AM       
FF2 is actually being released in a matter of days. I hate it with a passion. This person's review should not go up, because to correct all the errors would make it a whole new review. Send him a reply telling him to pass 2nd grade English before he attempts to write reviews for anything.

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:53 AM       
Well, isn't FF2 already out? I mean, I have the rom.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:50 AM       
The rom is probably the japanese version translated by whoever made the rom. FFII was never released in America. Thankfully.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:52 AM       
ff2 had a cool overworld theme.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:45 PM       
FFII tried something new, that should NEVER BE TRIED AGAIN.

Instead of leveling up, your stats improved or... um... de-improved depending on your actions in battle. If you lost more than half of your HP, your HP would increase. Same for MP. If you attacked, your weapon's experience level would go up (each weapon type was separate), and your power would go up. But your Intelligence and Soul would also go down. If you used magic, you Intelligence and Soul would go up (depending on the type), but your Power would go down. If you blocked an attack, Defense goes up. Evaded it, Agility goes up. Etc.

Oh, and each individual magic spell had a level too. If you used it 100 times, it'd go up in power. You wouldn't even really know it though, and it was tedious. The only times it matter were for Cure and Heal (Heal, because it would cure more status ailments).

So in other words, you really never had much to guage your progress on. You ended up finding some weak-ass enemies, and attacking your own characters just to improve their stats.

The story wasn't too bad, but the whole game just moved so slow wtih this kind of stat building. And for the most part - aside from a few, like weapon leveling, HP and MP - it didn't really seem to make much of a difference. In the end, I got fed up with building up my stats, that I rushed the final castle and killed the boss using these two special swords I found, that are in the game for the sole purpose of killing the final boss quickly.

And FFII is being released in the US very soon. It and FF1 have been redone to be in 16-bits (which they have been for a few years now when they brought them out on Wonderswan in Japan), and are being released as FF Origins on the PS1.

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:48 PM       
The leveling up system sounds like the one used in Dungeon Siege.