Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 05:07 AM       
Hm, if I had to compare games...about 20 or 30 for the DS (+ all others if I want to, thanks to DS simply) and around 15 for the PSP. Definetely not a bad little thing. Monster Hunter is great. It would be even greater if I wasn´t the only person around here who has that game :D

Oh and about Darkstalkers on the PSP...be aware that the controlls are utter bullshit. Sadly, I loves Darkstalkers on the....PS1 I think.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 07:50 AM       
A game comes out every six months or so for the DS that makes me go "WOW" but then I stifle that side of me until it is released and suddenly I don't care about it anymore. There are less than five games I enjoy on the DS and they'e been out for a while.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 10:41 AM       
The moral of the story is that every videogame system is terrible. Every videogame sucks. Don't buy anything.

Durrsomething is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM       
Quote:
Fire Emblem, Kirby Super Star, Chrono FUCKING Trigger, Metal Slug 7, Trackmania
Have Crono and Kirby don't know about Metal Slug 5 and don't care about the others
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 12:41 AM       
You don't care about a lot of things. Except getting a Game Gear.

You can still get it. Just remember that after a month you'll have to actually search for good UMD-based games. Then you realize you played all the good ones and either mod it, sell it, or keep it in the drawer in your desk and never use it.

drifting in the void
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 02:47 AM       
I for one am not really looking forward to Chrono Trigger...maybe because I never got to play it when it was new...no release over here, oh no. And now...now I don´t want to play SNES-Games without my trusty Super Sai Engine ^^
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 03:06 AM       
I bought Chrono Trigger because I never got a chance to play it on the SNES, and I love it to death.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 04:29 AM       
Oh don´t get me wrong, just because I´m not looking forward to it that much doesn´t mean I won´t get it ^^

But I guess I´ll wait for it to release here instead of importing it. So I can say "I bought Chrono Trigger in Germany, yes sir." I mean...the first FF we got here was 7, so you might be able to imagine how...how barren it was here back then in the 90s and I´m not sure if it is any better now.

And just to give you an additional impression: I am not allowed to buy Call of Duty 5 or Dead Rising in this country, NOR am I allowed to take it TO this country. Because the children (and everybody else aparently) MUST be protected under any circumstances. Violence against humans or humanoid creatures as a central motivation of a game? WE MUST BAN IT! And they do.

I know, I´m repeating myself, but it can´t be stressed enough, hope you´ll forgive me for that ^^
pickled
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 06:23 AM       
Those two games aren't that great anyway.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 07:21 AM       
With CoD5 I think you´re right, but Dead Rising was awesome (I actually DO have the game, there´s sometimes an opportunity to buy it between "EVIL GAME! BAN IT!" and "Okay alright already, shut the fuck up, we´ll ban it...jeez". The real problem are games with WW2-Content since there´s normally a Swastika somewhere in it and that symbol is banned here...who would´ve thought that.
Long story short, WW2 Games are mostly cut free of any Nazi-Footage that might be included in Cutscenes. Which is nothing bad but then they tend to slap a more or less bad german dub on the whole product. Imagine Americans AND Germans speaking german in the game...fucked up. Also, the Zombiemode is missing in Cod5...don´t know what their fucking problem is with Zombies...maybe there was an actual Zombie Uprising somewhere in german history that nobody told me about...

I have to verify that, excuse me for now. TO THE LIBRARY!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 07:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Those two games aren't that great anyway.
You, sir, can go fuck your own face.
pickled
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 12:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
You, sir, can go fuck your own face.
I don't see why I should give Treyarch my money just so they can ride Infinity Ward's coattails. I loved Dead Rising, but the whole experience is horrible if you're not playing on a HDTV. Also the fact that Capcom managed to take a entertaining concept and add breakable weapons and a time limit.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:07 AM       
Fuck you, I played it on a standard definition television and I COULD STILL READ EVERYTHING.

Hitler was right. We need to purge those not perfect from the world, to include those whose eye sight is retarded.

YOU SUCK AND YOUR OPINIONS ARE INVALID.

YOU'RE ALSO IMPOTENT.
pickled
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:15 AM       
Before I went out and bought a hdtv, I was using a tv that was older than I was.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:22 AM       
That's your fault. WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE A 360?
pickled
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 05:41 AM       
Get off my nuts, Fathom.