Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM        So anyone else Email their congress/senator about Darfur?
A couple of bills coming up trying to cut finances to Sudan. House Resolution 422 introduced by Representative Barbara Lee and Senate Resolution 203 introduced by Senator Bob Menendez. I just got a Reply email from my state's junior senator who says she will be voting for it as I and others have asked her too. She also says she and several senators and congressmen of both parties are sending a letter to China to ask them to NOT loan Sudan the money to continue their genocide.

For those who don't know China is the main financial backer of the Sudan buying over 70% of their oil and selling them guns and giving them loans.

China has sent an Envoy earlier this month to investigate the murders, bombing of refugee camps, poisoning wells with corpses crucifying victims, and so forth and that makes now the PERFECT time to make a stand and show them we want them to help us end the genocide.

ANyway Follow the link to send your own email for great justice.

http://ga6.org/campaign/china_must_act?rk=F1N86ds1zfa4E

if you want to be kept up to date on anything else you can do to harrass your officials into doing the right thing join me at the bipartisan website www.savedarfur.org
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:35 PM       
fuck those darfur hos maybe if they want some RESPECT they shouldn't have a name like DARFUR -- DA-HUR!
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:33 AM       
Disgusting. Who can talk about Darfur when Palestinian refugees are under siege by the occupational Lebanese army?
Unmedicated genius
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:58 AM       
I just got an Email back from my Junior Senator Claire MCKasikil who is supporting the bill and joining with republicans to send a letter to China urging them not to Approve a loan to Sudan.

Also I saw the thing on PBS about PLO refugees in Lebanon but I'm more concerned about Iraqi refugees in Jordan (the only LEGITAMATE Palestinian country)

Countries would allow Palestinians in they weren't a bunch of mooching murdering terrorists. Palestine only formed cause that's where all the arabs who were kicked out of REAL companies went to kill jews and get jobs from Israelis.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Vanderbeek View Post
I just got an Email back from my Junior Senator Claire MCKasikil who is supporting the bill and joining with republicans to send a letter to China urging them not to Approve a loan to Sudan.

Also I saw the thing on PBS about PLO refugees in Lebanon but I'm more concerned about Iraqi refugees in Jordan (the only LEGITAMATE Palestinian country)

Countries would allow Palestinians in they weren't a bunch of mooching murdering terrorists. Palestine only formed cause that's where all the arabs who were kicked out of REAL companies went to kill jews and get jobs from Israelis.
thus spake james vanderbeek
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:58 AM       
The Beek!

I used to work for a company that did mail fundraising for Save Darfur. They have more money than they know what to do with right now...

This was interesting-- http://www.savedarfur.org/pages/china_and_sudan
BANNED

Old May 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM       
a fundraiser for save darfur?

what the hell were they going to do with the money? buy a nuke or a bunch of guns? bribe armies?
Unmedicated genius
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 07:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
a fundraiser for save darfur?

what the hell were they going to do with the money? buy a nuke or a bunch of guns? bribe armies?
agreed, I propose political solutions, I know they are starving but we can deal with that AFTER we save their lives.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage the Cowardly Dog View Post
agreed, I propose political solutions, I know they are starving but we can deal with that AFTER we save their lives.
Umm what if they die of starvation? Humanitarian aid has to be done in conjunction with any political solutions. But in all seriousness the majority of the world has made it clear we don't care about darfur so i honestly doubt any letter to some politician is going to make a real difference to those poor blacks. We are already bogged down in Iraq and Afganstan, let some righteous European country pick up the slack if they really care so much about the weak.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM       
Let those rebels in Ethiopia help them, those guys think they're such badasses, they're all about the poor people and they're right next door, why don't they put their money where their mouth is am I right?
Unmedicated genius
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 07:24 PM       
To update, Senator Dodd has pushed a bill supporting state divestment from the regime to a floor vote where most all the poloticians support it. He did so after 50,000 acitivists like myself emailed him and our congressmembers.

The President is currently putting the so called "plan B" into action a great sign considering it's democrat legislation. Some things EVERYONE can agree on. (well everyone who matters)