Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM       
what
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM       
Dora The Explorer's Broadway show has rotted what's left of my brain.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM       
I hate Dora and all that she explores.

I hate the way she barks, "SAY ________" (whatever the word of the day is)

I never watched shit like that when I was a kid. I think it's making kids dumber.
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM       
Quote:
There are a number of minor, recurring animal characters such as:
  • Señor Tucán, this character only speaks Spanish.
  • Baby Jaguar, who doesn't speak (in this series) but seems to be just as intelligent as the other characters.
  • Pirate Pig, he has an eyepatch and a hat.
  • Squishy Squid, he loves music and also playing bongoes.
lol
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM       
Dude, it's so much worse live.

On the bright side, I did learn a few words in spanish.
Nothing helpful though.

On the not so bright side, the girl that played the frog stomped on my hands while I was putting her feet on and bent my middle finger in a very unnatural position.
And I can't get those stupid songs out of my head.

I can't find my teddy bear, I can't find my teddy bear!
I've looked and I've looked all around everywhere!

That song is so much more entertaining when you replace "teddy bear" with "underwear".
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM       
And Baby Jaguar was in the show, and he/she (it's supposed to be a he, but it was a girl in the costume) did talk!
Baby Jaguar is adorable!!!!
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM       
Quote:
It was revealed on February 18, 2008, that Nickelodeon would make a made-for-television movie based on the series, but as a live-action/CGI animated feature.[4] Dora, who would still be of Hispanic descent, would become a ten-year-old girl in this version with other characters computer animated. The movie is expected to be released in 2010.
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM       

Here's the cast.
I dressed the iguana and the robot from this shot.

See?
Baby Jaguar is cute!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM       
They made me take Spanish in high school because they said it was "unfair" for me to take French. So I took Spanish and Latin and Italian after school and it was all the same damn thing, same pattern, it's just Latin with different accents.

I tested out of Spanish in college and became "the one who can tell you what those people were saying because they assumed she didn't know". Or at least, that's what my mom believes I am. I understand it but I refuse to speak it myself because I think it's obnoxious when people do that in restaurants and stuff.

So I don't need Dora and her shit.

Fun fact- I was hired by my university to teach remedial French. Only one remedial French student ever actually showed up, and I ended up teaching the remedial Spanish people who came instead. Fantastic.

However, my high school spanish classes were an adventure and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Edit: Dora looks like a real go-getter there!
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM       
I never learned spanish, I stuck with german.
French was unfair because you knew French? Was that it?

Yeah Dora's butt was too big for her shorts, it was fun watching her climb up and down the ladder at the beginning of the show.
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM       
Oh, and Boots the monkey is the ONLY straight guy in the cast.
We bonded over PBR.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM       
Poor Boots.

Yeah, because I have a French name and a French family (although you'd never know it to look at/hear them), I couldn't take French. It was a stupid rule, I knew lots of Hispanic kids who couldn't speak Spanish, who was to say I was any different?
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:57 PM       
Hahah I think you could sue for that now.
That is pretty ridiculous.
I guess I should be glad my name had been changed twice before high school, or else I may have been banned from german as well!
I had no clue that schools do that kind of thing!

Boots was a good sport, there were some games that all the men (cast and crew, homo and hetero) played backstage. All of which would be considered sexual harrassment anywhere else but the theatre. One was "Bean Dip", a guy would tell another guy that they wanted to talk and when they got close enough they'd slap each other's nipples. Someone made mention that it was sexual harrassment, and they said they didn't report sexual harrassment, they graded it.
C- for a butt slap without a cupped hand and a tushy squeeze.
Boots was a VERY good sport mainly because whenever guys wore a tail in the show (it was attached in a very uncomfortable elastic jockstrap contraption that was said to cut off circulation to a man's favorite and most sensitive body parts), someone would walk behind them and pull the tail, thus dislodging and squeezing said sensitive squishies.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:03 PM       
I'm the map! I'm the map!
I'm the map!
I'm the map!
I'm the map!
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM       
I dressed the map too!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:17 PM       
Was it only one show?
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM       
Nope, 3 days, 4 shows a day.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:21 PM       
How is Nickelodeon? On a scale compared to Disney.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM       
Theatre people are wonderful, except for the couple of guys who always try to sleep their way through a cast.
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM       
lawl @ orange cat w/ blue face

What the fuck is wrong with him
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
...except for the couple of guys who always try to sleep their way through a cast.
Furries
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:42 PM       
The Nickelodeon people are MUCH better than Disney.
And they tip.
Egg
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
lawl @ orange cat w/ blue face

What the fuck is wrong with him
That's a fox, Swiper the Fox to be exact.
He's the bad guy.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM       
Swiper, no Swiping
Swiper, no Swiping
Swiper, no Swiping
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM       
lol