Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:27 PM        KERRY FAILS TO EXTEND JOBLESS BENEFITS **OPINION PIECE**
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...1/143417.shtml

Tuesday, May 11, 2004
Kerry Fails to Extend Jobless Benefits

Because Sen. John Kerry keeps refusing to show up for the job for which he is still on the taxpayers' dole, the Democrats today failed in their election-year ploy to extend federal jobless benefits yet again despite the booming economy.

The Senate rejected the stunt by one vote. The only one of the 100 lawmakers not voting was Kerry, who deemed it more important to attack the president in the Bush stronghold of Kentucky.

Although Democrats didn't gripe about the 5.6 percent unemployment rate when Bill Clinton was running for re-election in 1996, now they claim the same rate is a tragedy.

"Keep our social compact, and extend these needed unemployment benefits," blubbered Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont.

Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., noted the economy's recent addition of 900,000 jobs and said, "The employment picture in this country is looking up, by any measure."

'Pretend'

Here's what Kerry had to say today in Louisville about the unemployed: "We can't just stand back and pretend that they aren't struggling."

Political consultant Dane Strother told the Associated Press: "He needs to understand he's probably not connecting with anyone outside that room."

Note to Sen. Baucus: Why not direct your wrath at your work-shirking colleague from Massachusetts? If you can find him, that is.

Note to Kerry: You so seldom show your face at work, perhaps it's time for you to stop accepting your big fat salary and instead apply for jobless benefits. Especially now that the lines are so short.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:31 PM       
Not pretending to read this either.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:20 AM       
I read it. It's Newsmax so there's every possability that it's missrepresenting the facts, but for the sake of arggument I'll treat it as if it's more legitimate than fishwrapper.

If I had my personal druthers, Kerry would have been there for the vote. As to wether he's campaigning on the taxpayer dime, it's just another thing he and his opponent have in common. W. didn't interupt his Bus barn storming tour in "America Yes We Can" (a bus built, like his opponents, in Canada) to come back and adress the prsion abuse scandal.

Both men make choices about when it's more important to campaign. Concidering the future of the world is up for grabs, I may not agree, but I sure understand.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:23 AM       
Now here's the funny thing. If Kerry actually perhaps abstained from voting due to ethical problems with the proposal, the Newsmax.com crowd would be in a bind. They'd essentially be denouncing Kerry for agreeing with them ideologically. :/

And as for campaiging on the tax payer's dime, Kerry could pick up some tips from Dubya. How about using a MLK Day ceremony as an excuse to fly Air Force 1 down to Atlanta for a $2,000 per plate dinner?