Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM       
that's why i said it was surprising to find good writing. i didn't mean the entire game was masterfully written, just that event.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 04:02 AM       
No, by "I have no idea what you guys are talking about," I meant, "Please tell me where this happened, because the details sound unlike any quest that I did."

That was very funny. Well done.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
you have to join the Dark Brotherhood
Let me fix that for ya

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 11:30 PM       
I destroyed the Dark Brotherhood and got 3000 gold for my troubles because I was like "FUUUCK the Thieve's Guild took so long that I don't want to start another one."
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 09:13 AM       
I almost want to start a branch off save to do the dark brotherhood quests for the achievements. Then go back and zomboid them on my regular save.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Let me fix that for ya
Having your posts directly ripped off by others is a sign of just how damn good you really are. Thanks for the compliment
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I almost want to start a branch off save to do the dark brotherhood quests for the achievements. Then go back and zomboid them on my regular save.
You get a really decent amount of coin from doing them. If coin is not an issue though go for it.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 11:49 PM       
Spoilers!

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
You get a really decent amount of coin from doing them. If coin is not an issue though go for it.
IM NO WHORE
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 08:12 PM       
Finally started playing it myself.

I'm starting to worry that my kleptomania in games like Skyrim and Fallout may be indicative of some other, larger problem. I've been playing a mage, but every time I go to a town, or shop, or house, or whatever, my thoughts immediately go to how I can steal everything that isn't nailed down. Even stuff I don't really need. I even get annoyed when stuff that's available to buy isn't on display somewhere where I can just grab it.

In other news, I'm starting to wonder if I should adopt a different combat tactic than "pour your strongest dual cast spell into your enemy and hope you don't run out of magicka before they die".

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 09:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
In other news, I'm starting to wonder if I should adopt a different combat tactic than "pour your strongest dual cast spell into your enemy and hope you don't run out of magicka before they die".
Nah, that strategy should work just fine.
You just need to enchant circlets, rings, and amulets to reduce the cost of the spells.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM       
The Dark Brotherhood quest line is so much better than the Thieves Guide, you don't even know.

Only decent thing from the Thieves Guild is the Nightingale armor, which is pretty much the same as the Ancient Shrouded Armor anyways.

Unless you're not playing as a thieve or a character that uses light armor- then it's worthless.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 02:31 AM       
the3 nightingale sword and bow are nice too. But you don't mess with that faction for a good story, you mess with it for easy early game coin by doing sweep and rampage quests at the same time in a city
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM       
I did the Dark Brotherhood first. You get mad cash and some nice training to get you ready for the garbage the thieves make you do. Also Shadowmere is a bro.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM       
I put away my mage character because I maxed out Destruction and made some equipment that, all together, let me cast all Destruction spells for free. Dragon fights were lasting less than a minute.

I started playing a thief/assassin which has turned out to be great fun... when you're fighting humans. Everything else is turning out to be a bit of a struggle, particularly when I can't sneak. I especially hate fighting enemies face-to-face, dominating the fight for a little while, and then being done in because the enemy decided to initiate a scripted death sequence out of nowhere.

I decided to try and level up pickpocketing because I was curious to see how useful it was. I thought it might take a while, but then I discovered you can pickpocket the gold you spend on training. Every successful pickpocket was netting me almost 2 whole points. Maxed it out before I even left Riverwood. That kind of screwed me. During that quest when you and Dipshit McGee from the Companions get ambushed by silverhands, he would promptly get killed, then leave me to feebly swipe at a group until one of those scripted deaths occurred. The worst part was that they were too strong to stealth kill.

Some people are claiming the way to go with a build like that is to get Alchemy up to the point where you make great poisons, but how f'ing long is that gonna take? And outside of stealth, things still take forever to kill, even with these twin Legendary Skyforged Swords and the equally legendary elven bow I made.

Is my only recourse to just grind up enchant and make some sick shit to bolster all my non-throat cutting skills?

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM       
Quote:
but how f'ing long is that gonna take?
15-20 minutes?
rob a few alchemy stores
The Wolf
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:37 PM       
I kinda tried making my own potions, and it was taking a while. Then I stopped playing because I got a few new games at Christmas, and I haven't played since. My mage was doing pretty decent damage, but it was pretty difficult to go from the warrior Nord in my first game, who ended up being pretty unstoppable, to having to actually try to evade attacks and use potions regularly.

Funky Dynamite
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
15-20 minutes? rob a few alchemy stores
I made like twenty potions, but I didn't even go up a point. I think the secret lies in making expensive potions, but I don't have the patience to go looking online for the right ingredients.

Quote:
I kinda tried making my own potions, and it was taking a while. Then I stopped playing because I got a few new games at Christmas, and I haven't played since. My mage was doing pretty decent damage, but it was pretty difficult to go from the warrior Nord in my first game, who ended up being pretty unstoppable, to having to actually try to evade attacks and use potions regularly.
I forget the name, but getting the perk that lets you stun enemies with a dual cast destruction spell helps a whole lot, especially when you're fighting dragons. And once you get your hands on some equipment that lowers the casting cost a lot, things really start to take off.

The Wolf
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:21 PM       
Yeah, I got about that far before I quit. Enchanting your own stuff helps a lot in that regard. Before I got to that point, though, it took me like an hour to get past this one fucking Wisp Mother.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM       
My character was a sneak/assassin build with minors in archery, 1h, and some alteration for mage shields because power armor is for pussies.

I stopped playing because I wasn't really interested in the main quest and because shit got way too easy. I have a 30x backstab and can usually sneak up on peeps so shit got ridic. Still, stealth is more fun than other scrolls games since you can hide again after being seen, and you aren't completely invisible at 100.