Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM       
Hey, so, does Skyrim scale its difficulty with your level? It sure feels like it. I'm trying to level up my magic disciplines, but every dungeon I visit, even on noob quests, is full of fucking insanely powerful shit that I have a hard time beating even with the weapons I'm good at.

I certainly will not resort to altering combat difficulty, since that's for pussies
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:32 PM       
I read that there is some arrow glitch where you draw back your bow then arrows go right to the ground. I've hit a few things but most of the time they *plunk* to the ground five feet ahead of me.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Hey, so, does Skyrim scale its difficulty with your level? It sure feels like it. I'm trying to level up my magic disciplines, but every dungeon I visit, even on noob quests, is full of fucking insanely powerful shit that I have a hard time beating even with the weapons I'm good at.

I certainly will not resort to altering combat difficulty, since that's for pussies
yeah it kind of does. it's not as bad as it was in oblivion, but it's still pretty annoying.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM       
I have a level 39 orc only so far. He's focused on One handed weapons, smithing (100), enchanting, heavy armor and blocking (100). The rage power is awesome. Leveling up my other skills more now.

It's damn fun and better than Oblivion.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM       
Skyrim will adjust the difficulty of new areas that you visit to be at or slightly above your current level. Old areas seem to stay at whatever level you were when you first went there.

So, if you're looking to level up some crappy combat skills in new zones, you might have a hard time.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 07:53 PM       
so basically "go everywhere in stealth mode/while invisible, without fighting anything if possible, then actually clear shit out" is the ideal strategy?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM       
Thats what I'm doing as a khajit thief person. level 20 with, smithing at lvl 65 so I could improve the thief gear.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 06:24 PM       
ARROW TO THE KNEE! ARROW TO THE KNEE! ARROW TO THE KNEE! ARROW TO THE KNEE!

Thank you Skyrim my facebook is now 54% more retarded than normal lately.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM       
so i heard that FUS RO DAH thing is some kind of meme now

why
OH GOD
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM       
because the draugr use it against you a lot idk
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 09:58 AM       
I just found out about the thieves guild marks on houses and that some are protected and I shouldn't steal from them. oh wells
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM       
i didnt know that

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 12:34 AM       
I read that dude's book about that, but I've never even noticed those.

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM       
I guess there are different markings showing if a house is ripe for the picken, some houses are protected, some are shown as dangerous and other stuff.

I'm level 20 trying to do the thieves guild stuff first, I still have to go meet the graybeards.

I need to increase my alchemy so I can make those potions that let you temp increase your carrying load so you can quick travel.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 02:32 PM       
Fuck potions. Potions are for pussies.

I have so much gold that I've stopped picking up items to sell. Once you hit like 60k, you kinda don't need to worry about it anymore. I've currently got something like 115k.

SKATASTIC
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM       
After killing dragons and getting their bones when overloaded takes FOREVER to walk anywhere.

Killed a dragon at ancients ascent, then overload walked to falkreath....seriously took about half an hour of plodding on. Got through two beers just walking there. Felt like my thumb was going to fall off by holding up for that long.
The Wolf
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 03:22 PM       
Yeah, those bones were such a fucking burden. I started just putting them in my Whiterun house and then stopped after I had about 15 of each. I think that was enough to get both sets of armor. I might've had to go kill another dragon, but they pop up everywhere now anyway.

SKATASTIC
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 03:41 PM       
Any money I've gotten so far has been put into iron dagger crafting, I need to buy a house and do some important things. I've roamed around pretty much since starting the game.

I want to put perks into light armor forging but everywhere I read says to put it onto heavy to get daedric armor instead.
BANNED

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 04:39 PM       
shouldnt it depend on whether you want to wear heavy or light armor?
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM       
I want to wear light armor but even all the other thief people I've talked to say to perk up smithing heavy armor then also perk up heavy armor itself to the point where heavy armor weighs nothing. Just seems like too many perk points to waste.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 10:47 PM       
Had a 40 thief, then had to format my PC

Now I'm going an odd hybrid orc tank mage.

Dunno if you guys have mentioned it in this thread, or know about it, but there are some really rad mods for the game. I've been "updating" my graphics because the game should look better to begin with, I think.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/ - Get some sweet mods.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:23 AM       
so what is this arrow to the knee thing all about?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:36 AM       
Its one of the defaults guards line something along like

"i used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow to the knee."

Its kind of a specific thing to happen to someone but its a general line in the game
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 07:41 PM       
Pretty much that.

It makes it seem like the safety of the Elder Scrolls world is maintained by a legion of limping guardmen who are all the victims of history's most prolific knee-capper.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:36 PM       
Those guards can run fast for cripples.

BTW I found that tomb with the guy who has to locked in the cage and talks about how he's going to kill you as soon as he finds something. I waited around to see what happens because I read about it here... he eventually finds what he's looking for and then he fireballs the fuck out of you. I have like 90% fire resist and I still died in about three blasts.

I'm Level 48 now with maxed out heavy armor, block and one hander skill. 100 level block perk make people fly 50 feet into the air and lay on the ground like they just got run over by a semi.