Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 01:58 PM       
don't forget the newports and fat redheads geggy, hank could not get by on food alone.
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.

Last edited by george : Nov 23rd, 2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: i forgot to put in NOT :(
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 05:56 PM       
I was talking with a buddy from my old job the other day, and he was telling me about how he and all the other game testers are bored out of their minds testing the new baseball game. Basketball was fairly entertaining, but there's just so very little variation in a baseball game, just selecting different pitches and lineups, with nothing like play-calling or the like. Oh yeah, buy College Hoops 2k8. Your favorite college is probably in there somewhere, there's so damn many teams.

Also, I did think it was kind of crummy that Barry Bonds made it into the Hall of Fame, but I don't mind it now so much seeing as his record-breaking ball has that asterik branded on it.

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Nov 28th, 2007 at 12:34 PM.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 10:37 AM       
god damn it

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM       
Roger Clemens on 'roids? Gee, couldn't see that coming. not like he's a bulging freak prone to violence or anything.
Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 12:35 PM       
told you
Mocker
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM       
Hey Kevin,

1996*
1998*
1999*
2000*
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 06:20 PM       
B.S.

He came along for the last two, and can hardly take credit for the winning the rings.

Let's not forget that this list is not comprehensive...this is who they could actually accuse. There is no paper trail leading to Clemens or Pettite, just the word of one guy. I know this is how a Mets fan will rationalize their team sucking at life. Maybe Cameron and Lo Duca should've taken more.
Mocker
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 09:16 PM       
Petite was there for all four.

Mike Stanton was the closer in 1996.

And you know why Clemens got run out of Boston. Out of shape, broken down, lost it.

suddenly a few months later in toronto, he starts a Cy Young campaign.
Mocker
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 10:18 PM       
Andy--if you believe his accuser--didn't start until after his injury, which was after the championships. Strike one.

John Wetteland was the closer in '96, Rivera set him up. Stanton didn't join the Yanks until 1997, and was never ever the closer. Strike two.

Clemens was a virtual non-factor in '99 for us, although he pitched well against Seattle and Oakland in 2000. The Oakland series was especially big, but guess what? He was pitching against another juicer, Jason Giambi. So let's call it even.

Strike three!
Mocker
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 10:21 PM       
Oh, and btw, you might want to check out which team Stanton was playing for when he made his first HGH purchase. Tisk tisk.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM       
OK, I'm about ready to punch every member of the Baseball Writers of America.

And the more I read from them, the more I want to punch the pretentious, self important, pompous hypocrites. They have the nerve to say that Clemens or Bonds don't go to the Hall of Fame and that they wouldn't vote for any player accused of steroids. These assholes were covering the players in the 80s and 90s and knew what was going on. they decided not to say anything. And now, they are using their votes to punish certain players.

I think if you covered these guys and never mentioned anything, you lose your vote.

I think the only person I've agreed with so far from that group is Buster Olney. He may be going a little overboard, but at least he isn't being two faced about it.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2007, 12:50 PM       
STANTON WAS A MET!

This list is crap, in my mind. This isn't a comprehensive list of anything, and it's based partly off of a guy who wants to flip on people to lessen his own jail term. I was listening to some legal pundit talk about it this morning, and he made a couple good points: 1. If you aren't going to bring charges against the listed, then you've basically slandered them throughout the publc, and 2. you wouldn't rely simply on a rat to convict a person.

Guys like Clemens and Tejada--guys that are immortals, or still playing, or both--have the money and the players union behind them probably to defend their name.

What about a guy like Randy Velardi? He tried shit, supposedly, at the end of his career, but unless he wants to start his own lawsuit against MLB there's little he can do. Guys like CLemens will fight this and try to create a public debate...Velardi is just a juicer, and will forever be a juicer, b/c nobody cares otherwise. Sort of sucks for him.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2007, 02:00 PM       
Stanton was a Met for about 2 weeks.

Anyway, ya, the whole thing was a dog and pony show. There is nothing that can be considered solid evidence (although, I'm willing to bet Mitchel wouldn't have exposed these names without a little more than the word of a guy copping a plea). Clemens was already brought up last year. Nobody cares about Velarde, Hundely, and Joyner.

I say anyone that you can't confirm after 2003 gets off the hook. After all, the owners and writers knew and didn't do shit until then.

I'm wondering will this turn into an new witch hunt. What if teams use this as bargaining leverage when players negotiate contracts?

"We'd like to give you the money you're asking for, but you've been mentioned in steroid talks. We can't take that chance now."

It doesn't even have to be true. Someone just needs to "leak" it.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2007, 02:16 PM       
I think they should kick all of those bums out. Afterwards, baseball could return to its roots of being played by overweight, middle-aged drunk guys.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2007, 02:34 PM       
Who wants to watch a game full of Canadians?