Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 04:28 PM       
One of the earliest things officially discussed within this administration, within days of the inauguration and probably during the transition was an invasion of Iraq.

9/11 didn't exactly make it a harder sell, and W and company exploited it for all it was worth. To this day they blend the war on terror, Al quaeda and Iraq together as if it were all one thing.

To my mind, tieing up the bulk of our military and our money in Iraq interferes with the war on terror. Osama Bin Laden was behind 9/11. He's not in Iraq. Al quaeda carried out 9/11. is still functioning, as the bombing in Spain shows.

Sadaam? Got him. His regime? Gone. But they didn't blow up the world trade center. The ones who did are still functioning and their leader is still at large.

To me, this speaks to W putting his personal priorities ahead of the nations.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 04:37 PM       
Just seems to me that, although I don't remember him making any direct confirmations that Al Qaeda and Iraq were affiliated, he sure tried his damdest to make the connection and sure made a lot of inferences using his big "war on terror" umbrella to generalize the issue to include just about all Arab-Americans. Between these generalizations, terrorist profiling and the Patriot Act, I'm sure glad that I'm not an Arab-American. If that isn't grease for an a big ol' "war on Iraq" machine, I don't know what is.

Wherever you go, there you are.