Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 09:13 PM        ONCE AND FOR ALL...
I hope this article will settle once and for all the answer to the question, "was the White House a victim of bad intelligence, or did they distort the intelligence, for their own purpose." Apparently the propaganda war came directly from the Office of the Vice President, in the form of daily talking points, which career intelligence officers not only were encouraged to use, but expected to incorporate verbatim in their intelligence reports to Congress and others.

I'D SAY THIS IS A DAMN GOOD SMOKING GUN.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature...10/osp_moveon/

... "While often accused of creating intelligence, I saw only two apparent products of this office: war planning guidance for Rumsfeld, presumably impacting Central Command, and talking points on Iraq, WMD and terrorism. These internal talking points seemed to be a mélange crafted from obvious past observation and intelligence bits and pieces of dubious origin. They were propagandistic in style, and all desk officers were ordered to use them verbatim in the preparation of any material prepared for higher-ups and people outside the Pentagon. " ...

... "The message sent by Policy appointees and well understood by staff officers and the defense intelligence community was that senior appointed civilians were willing to exclude or marginalize intelligence products that did not fit the agenda."

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:35 AM       
That's a great article, but for those who aren't going to read it, you should source your quote so they understand it's credability.

At very least, the administration created it's own mini intelligence agency unit within the pentagon. Blaming the CIA or te Pentagon or any other intelligence service of the USA is a cowardly canard. The intelligence used by the white house was in some cases created by and in all cases filtered through the OSP, an organization hand picked by the Whitehouse reporting directly to the office of the Vice President.

Deliberate or not, the faulty intelligence came from the OSP. The OSP is the administration. Their finger pointing is cowardly at best, treachrous at worst.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 01:22 PM       
I'm not reading the article, but it doesn't surprise me that Cheney was somewhat behind it.
I mean, has anyone even heard a word out of the guy since 9/11?
Seriously?
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:25 PM       
You mean other than the press conferences and appearances on the Sunday morning talk shows?
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:46 PM       
Eh, admittedly I haven't been paying much attention lately, but he was quiet for a long-ass time.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women