Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 12:21 AM       
Words can't really describe how distrurbing some of those pictures are.

And most of the people there are fat guys.
Itsa me!
Qwarx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Maybe he means just wanking and he wants Emu to describe BDSM Tigers to him so he can get off.
maybe... maybe it's you I'm getting off to.

But yeah, furries likely wouldn't be hated so much if they weren't so obnoxious about their fetish.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM       
and if they weren't creepy as the day is long
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 09:03 AM       
Okay, I have some legitimate questions that need answered. I'm kinda' green to this whole "Furries / Anthro" thing.

I just read the wiki because I had no clue that there were people so enamored with anthropomorphic animals that they would actually pay to go to a convention to see other grown men dressed up like grown animals that look like grown men.

And there appears to be a subculture of this molester-esque subculture that consists of Furry fans that prefer to illustrate (and act out?) homo erotic acts between animals, i.e. furry wolf men embracing eachother and sucking faces. Is this a small demographic of furry fans, or is the reality that everyone who likes furries likes the gay dog thing, too, but some just choose not to advertise their appreciation? Don't ask how/why, but I recall seeing an "art" website dedicated to pictures of anthros performing sexual acts with other like-gendered anthropomorphics. I wasn't as disgusted as I was confused. I kept asking myself, "people get off on this stuff?"

I have to be honest when I say I find the entire ordeal quite disturbing - I refuse to believe that an intelligent human being could have such an absolute interest in something so callow. What's the big deal? They're effin' cartoon dogs, man.

Another concern I have; why do the majority of furries appear to be canine? I can't find any references that give a definitive answer. What would happen if I arrived at the next Furry convention dressed up like a cartoon frog with a banana hammock for a thong and roller skates? Would I get thrown out or fellated? Magnified or mounted? Would the dogs socialize with me or would I be in shunned? Is there a anthro caste? And more importantly, would the Furry dogs want to smell my ass?

Why do people who illustrate Furries always (and I mean ALWAYS) draw them with Fuck Me eyes? Do you people want to fuck furries? It's obvious that some fans do, otherwise they wouldn't be drawing them with fishnet tank tops, rainbow hair, pinching each others nipples with alligator clips. And what's with depicting them with that veil of sexual tension? Is there sexual tension between Furries?

If I were to show up at the convention two minutes before closing time, hide under a table, then emerge after it was closed, would I find a huge furry orgy of men dressed up like dogs humping each others legs and the tables, gang banging the two black guys (wait, aren't black guys afraid of dogs?) and generally trying to rub their pink things on any thing?

Just be honest with me. I can handle the truth.

Not like it would really matter because I've already come to my own conclusions.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 12:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
Okay, I have some legitimate questions that need answered. I'm kinda' green to this whole "Furries / Anthro" thing.

I just read the wiki because I had no clue that there were people so enamored with anthropomorphic animals that they would actually pay to go to a convention to see other grown men dressed up like grown animals that look like grown men.

And there appears to be a subculture of this molester-esque subculture that consists of Furry fans that prefer to illustrate (and act out?) homo erotic acts between animals, i.e. furry wolf men embracing eachother and sucking faces. Is this a small demographic of furry fans, or is the reality that everyone who likes furries likes the gay dog thing, too, but some just choose not to advertise their appreciation? Don't ask how/why, but I recall seeing an "art" website dedicated to pictures of anthros performing sexual acts with other like-gendered anthropomorphics. I wasn't as disgusted as I was confused. I kept asking myself, "people get off on this stuff?"
It's a medium-sized but very loud minority of people. The "fandom" seems to be (from my limited observations of them in their natural habitat) divided into a few semi-distinct subcategories, namely these: 1) Animation enthusiasts (people who genuinely enjoy animated features; this includes professional animators who attend conventions. These are by far the least geeky and are often actually pretty interesting people, but they get the least attention) 2) Artists who have found a niche market in which they can thrive; and 3) Fetishists. I say semi-distinct because these lines often blur, most often between categories 1 and 2 and 2 and 3, but not so much 1 and 3.

Quote:
I have to be honest when I say I find the entire ordeal quite disturbing - I refuse to believe that an intelligent human being could have such an absolute interest in something so callow. What's the big deal? They're effin' cartoon dogs, man.
It's definitely awkward. I made a concious attempt to spend most of that weekend stoned in order to come to grips with exactly what the hell I was seeing. At one point I had an epiphany: These conventions can be summed up in a simple prospect, that being that it's really just like any other big stupid party, except with more dressup and nerd paraphanalia. Really, the great majority of the con was just awkward people socializing with other awkward people, an excuse to get out of the basement and just have some fun for a weekend. The conventions don't explicitly endorse the admittedly off-putting sexual aspect of the ordeal and generally tend to downplay that part as much as possible. Most of the people you talk to will express distaste at the amount of sexuality present.

Quote:
Another concern I have; why do the majority of furries appear to be canine? I can't find any references that give a definitive answer. What would happen if I arrived at the next Furry convention dressed up like a cartoon frog with a banana hammock for a thong and roller skates? Would I get thrown out or fellated? Magnified or mounted? Would the dogs socialize with me or would I be in shunned? Is there a anthro caste? And more importantly, would the Furry dogs want to smell my ass?
You'd actually be very popular. The more ridiculous the suit, the more popular the person is. The Grim Reaper guy got a lot of attention, for example.

As for the preference for canines, I have no idea. If I had to make an honest guess I'd say it's because dogs have been around people so long that they take on some human characteristics, like love and companionship and all of that, so they translate more easily into a humanoid form. That, or people just really like the shape of dogcock, which seems a lot more likely.

Quote:
Why do people who illustrate Furries always (and I mean ALWAYS) draw them with Fuck Me eyes? Do you people want to fuck furries? It's obvious that some fans do, otherwise they wouldn't be drawing them with fishnet tank tops, rainbow hair, pinching each others nipples with alligator clips. And what's with depicting them with that veil of sexual tension? Is there sexual tension between Furries?
It's a group of sexually frustrated people who have constructed elaborate fantasies about their characters, who just happen to be everything that that particular person is attracted to in a partner. Ask any random person at this con their character's life story, and, trust me, they will be more than willing to tell you every detail about their character's life from their mysterious birth to the mysterious amulet/katana/crystal given to them by their estranged/dead father to their mysterious involvement in a mysterious organization that hunts vampires, or is made of vampires, or is made of vampires who hunt other vampires who are also werewolves.

Quote:
If I were to show up at the convention two minutes before closing time, hide under a table, then emerge after it was closed, would I find a huge furry orgy of men dressed up like dogs humping each others legs and the tables, gang banging the two black guys (wait, aren't black guys afraid of dogs?) and generally trying to rub their pink things on any thing?

Just be honest with me. I can handle the truth.

Not like it would really matter because I've already come to my own conclusions.
I'm not sure on this one, we left as soon as possible.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Ask any random person at this con their character's life story, and, trust me, they will be more than willing to tell you every detail about their character's life from their mysterious birth to the mysterious amulet/katana/crystal given to them by their estranged/dead father to their mysterious involvement in a mysterious organization that hunts vampires, or is made of vampires, or is made of vampires who hunt other vampires who are also werewolves.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM       
The Scion is just precious
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM       
Wasn't Chojin's title "Gay Alien Bondage Dog" for some time?
Level 29 ♂
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 03:55 PM       
I actually thought about that over the weekend. I saw plenty of gay bondage dogs, but no alien ones
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM       
Yeah, Eric... get your ass in here and give some insight.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Level 29 ♂
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 10:36 PM       
for the record, memphis is a shitpile
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 02:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God View Post
Wasn't Chojin's title "Gay Alien Bondage Dog" for some time?
Yes, it was. In fact, I remember a few years ago Chojin dressed up in a bikini and had a freind take pictures of him running around in a hurricane. This was back in the EZBoard day.
Chojin also bought a pair of "My Little Pony" pants off ebay.
He also made a pictorial thread about a young Philipino boy who went to a college laboatory and ate a medical sample of some disease. He did this before September 11th, 2001.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 02:35 AM       
My point beng is that Chojin has seen this thread and has chosen not to post in it since the subject is embarrassing.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 02:37 AM       
BTW I should mention he is most likely responsible for my avatar. Before this it was a photo of African figurehead Desmond Tutu.
Level 29 ♂
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM       
I think you actually got that for shitting out on a secret santa event.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM       
No, it wasn't that.

I got one of 'em too. I think it was either a fat panda or a zebra.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM       
No, he did it because I skipped out on the mock wars. I realized how lame they are and eventually forgot about them.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
My point beng is that Chojin has seen this thread and has chosen not to post in it since the subject is embarrassing.
This. :<
Itsa me!
Qwarx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
It's a group of sexually frustrated people who have constructed elaborate fantasies about their characters, who just happen to be everything that that particular person is attracted to in a partner. Ask any random person at this con their character's life story, and, trust me, they will be more than willing to tell you every detail about their character's life from their mysterious birth to the mysterious amulet/katana/crystal given to them by their estranged/dead father to their mysterious involvement in a mysterious organization that hunts vampires, or is made of vampires, or is made of vampires who hunt other vampires who are also werewolves.
This is funny.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:49 PM       
Okay, to elaborate:

I got into some of the artwork as a chillun, eventually met some of the other people interested in it, and then promptly ran away.

There are so many niches in the already-niche society they've built that it's ridiculous. You have 'babyfurs', which are people who do all the furry crap, but also wear diapers and piss themselves. You have 'guro', who are the people into mutilation. You have 'vore', who are the people who get sexually excited by the prospect of being eaten whole. Yoshi is their patron saint.

Furry fandom people will tell you that it started in print magazines in the 80s, but that's a lie. Like most things the internet unintentionally does, people with horrible personal fetishes found each other and slowly aligned their yearnings to make some sort of perverted deviant megazord.

Like FatSatan once famously wrote:
"The pretense of subculture helps to alleviate the stigma of being socially dysfunctional."
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 09:54 AM       
Isn't the "artwork" primary focussed around giant muscle-bound horses drowning whole cities in jizz?
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM       
slightly off topic, but yoshi's whole existance irl would be hell, I mean it's goddamn digestive system and reproductive organs are a single entity
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
You have 'vore', who are the people who get sexually excited by the prospect of being eaten whole. Yoshi is their patron saint.
This reminds me, didn't somebody find a forum where people talked about their sexual fantasies towards videogame characters(Sonic, Mario, Kirby etc.)? Robotnik fetish was fucking sick.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 03:19 PM       
MY OWN CLONE

NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
This reminds me, didn't somebody find a forum where people talked about their sexual fantasies towards videogame characters(Sonic, Mario, Kirby etc.)? Robotnik fetish was fucking sick.
There was a fantastic section of the GFW podcast were one of the presenters would read forum posts of "heroes of the web" many of which were erotic video game fanfics. They're all HERE. Listen if you get a chance, some are hilarious.

ADDED: 17 July is my favourite.

Last edited by MetalMilitia : Sep 7th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.