Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM        How is the market for vinyl these days?
I've got a bunch of records I really don't care to own anymore. They take up too much space and never get used.

I have a lot of good stuff (about how much does an original pressing of The Beatles run? A copy with the embossed lettering on the front. It's in decent condition, if I remember right), but nothing I really need.

I can think of three albums off the top of my head that I refuse to part with: Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, Walter Carlos' A Clockwork Orange (from when before Walter Carlos became Wendy Carlos!), and Pink Floyd's Meddle. I'm also keeping my copy of Dark Side of the Moon because my girlfriend loves it.

I've also got a bunch of shit that I know isn't even worth selling. I think I have the entire Barbra Streissand discography. Probably in pristine condition, for obvious reasons.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM       
Depends on what you're selling.
With the first Beatles album is it stereo or mono? I think the mono one goes for a very nice price!

It really depends on what condition it's in what pressing it is, and for what country.

Alot of the stuff you don't think is worth selling could be more than you think. I just recently found out BOCs crappy 80s albums on CD are worth a good penny!

Your best bet is to take them to a couple of different record dealers or conventions and shop them around. Check what they're going for on ebay as well and don't just take the first offer a dealer kicks your way.

If you're in northern Va, there are lots of record conventions going on up there all the time and that's a good place to start.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM       
LIMITED

j/k fuck them