Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM        The Troma Movies Thread.
Man, I havent seen many of these, but the best Ive seen so far is SGT. Kabukiman NYPD. The Toxic Avenger is good as well. Any thoughts on the best B-Movie studio?

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 10:46 PM       
Toxie and Class of Nuke 'em High are definitely my favorites. Troma's War and Tromeo & Juliet were a bit disappointing to me though. Still been meaning to see Terror Firmer as I hear it's really good... have the DVD, just haven't watched it yet.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 10:58 PM       
I'm going to go off and say either Killer Nerd or The Children.
Title
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM       
Man, you guys must be lucky. I used to live near a Video Store (it closed a few years ago) and it used to have a whole lot of troma films. Now its closed theres no other place where i can find them except for the odd time on cable tv, and even then theyre heavily cut. And what happened to the Toxic Crusaders TV Show.

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 05:53 AM       
The latest Troma movies are getting a little too dopey and self-refrential. Like they make a point to show how rinky-dink they are by making zucker-brothers-esque jokes about it. Troma movies were always silly, but they were better when they were at least seeming like they were TRYING to look like a real movie. Also theres a lot of bad scary-movie-esque satire.

I"m talking mostly about Terror Firmer and Toxic Avenger 4. BUUUUUUUUT they are worth owning for the FULL-LENGTH documentaries that are included, which are amazing, and infinately more entertaining than the movies themselves. I can't wait for Lloyd's next movie to come out on DVD specifically becasue of the documentaries.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:53 PM       
Hahaha Lloyd's on my MySpace friends list and not yours!! Nananananana!!

Seriously, I haven't watched any of the newer Troma flicks, the last one I've caught was Tromeo and Juliet, and that was a godawful amount of long time ago. I think I mighta reviewed it for the main site.

[edit] Cannibal: The Musical has gotten obnoxiously quote-worthy amongst my friends lately.
gynecomastia
Moobs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM       
After recently watching Class of Nuke 'em high again I'm gonna say that, as it's stuck in my head.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM        re:
hey jeff/ninja,
get netflix. i live in a town too small to have a movie rental place within 45 miles so it saves my balls...
everyone's mentioned the best troma's already...
Chojin's Hussy
Sicktodeathmx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 03:22 PM       
Tromeo and Juliet
Cannibal! The Musical
They are both good

Jennifer Michelle
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM       
OH, don't forget Baconhead!

I love the Troma DVDs, especially for the massive amount of extra features available.
Title
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:05 AM       
Man, I forgot that Cannibal! The Musical was by troma. I love that movie, I have most of the snowman song memorised.

Also, anyone remember the Toxic Crusaders saturday morning cartoon show. That was awesome.

Chojin's Hussy
Sicktodeathmx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:17 AM       
Hon, I have "Let's Build a Snowman", "Shpradoinkle", and all those others, I love that movie way too much

/drunk post

Jennifer Michelle
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 05:01 PM       
Oh hell yeah...
Cannibal! The Musical and The Toxic Avenger have been released on UMD.

PORTABLE HEAD CRUSHING ACTION!
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:10 PM       
Cannibal! The musical wasn't by troma. It's by Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Troma's just distributing it.
And bloodsucking freaks is also good. I wonder why won't they make a toxic avenger game for the xbox360? I'd buy it.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Title
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:07 AM       
Both of the Nuke'em High movies are on right now on this specialty Cable Channel. Theyre not as good As I thought that they would be. As the first movie didnt pick up until the end, but it was still enjoyable. The second one, which is on right now, is not enjoyably bad, its regular bad.At least the Toxic Avenger is on after this.

But one of the things I enjoy about Troma films are the life lessons that can be learned from these movies. Besides the Eco Friendly message the films portray, they taught me many things. Like in the Toxic Avenger, I learned that You cant judge a person by the way they look/

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash
Cannibal! The musical wasn't by troma. It's by Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Troma's just distributing it.
And bloodsucking freaks is also good. I Why won't they make a toxic aavenger game for the xbox360? I'd buy it.
Many of the movies Troma distributes weren't made by Troma.
And while I never thought about it till you made me, a Toxic Avenger game would rox the sox.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM       
Beware of what you ask for...

The Toxic Crusader NES game was eh...

...a piece of shit?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM       
If they actually put enough money into it, as they would with say, Max Payne, I believe they'd make a good game. It's all dictated by the budget.

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM       
I though Terror Firmer was AWFUL! Even for a Troma movie it was pretty bad.

DSBurroughs is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 12:02 PM       
Cannibal! The Musical is absolute brilliance. And Dian kills me.

Has anyone checked out any Full Moon Productions? They're pretty funny too. I used to rent them all the time but the one that really sticks out was called 'Sideshow'. The Inside-Out chick mutilated a kid by sticking his face in her exposed stomach acid. Priceless...
Everybody loves me. I'm the most important person in the lives of almost everyone I know and a good deal of people I've never even met. I don't say this casually; I'm just pointing out my qualification.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM       
I'm gonna have to check out those dudes you mentioned, thanks.
Forum Virgin
shakaconner is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM       
Troma's a great company, some Troma dvd's I own are Toxic Avenger 1,2,and 4 (I hate 3), Terror Firmer, and Surf Nazis
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:55 PM       
this thread was done with in april quit doing that you jerkhole