Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM       
Quote:
By the way, the 3DS looks like garbage, design-wise. The thing's gonna be a chintzy piece of plastic like the smaller DS and I saw the case flex a lot while people were handling it. Ugh.
You already said that in the other thread. Besides, I have three reasons to believe the quality of the casing won't be a concern:

1) It'll be made out of fucking Nintendium. The Game Boy could survive a Gulf War bombing, and I've owned every iteration of the DS, and that thing is durable as shit, unlike the PSP, which I have to coddle like an infant. Nintendo makes durable stuff. Also with noting is that the system is still a year away, and this might not be final. The DS had a pretty derpy design before it's original launch.

2) I haven't heard any complaints about the case's durability on news sites.

3) I haven't seen any evidence of said flexing. Link plz.

Plus, the casing isn't my biggest concern. Price is. They threw in everything but the kitchen sink; accelerometer, gyrosensor, pretty graphics, 3D display, touch screen, improved WiFi, apparently some internal storage, and technically three cameras (two in the front for 3d photos, one inside for your face). I can't see myself paying more than $200 for this, but it seems like a pricey piece of hardware, as opposed to Nintendo's usual attempts to make things affordable for your mom.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
You already said that in the other thread.
I thought it would be better here because I knew I'd take a lot of shit for it.

Quote:
Besides, I have three reasons to believe the quality of the casing won't be a concern:

1) It'll be made out of fucking Nintendium. The Game Boy could survive a Gulf War bombing, and I've owned every iteration of the DS, and that thing is durable as shit, unlike the PSP, which I have to coddle like an infant. Nintendo makes durable stuff. Also with noting is that the system is still a year away, and this might not be final. The DS had a pretty derpy design before it's original launch.
Whatever. Sure, it'll last probably. But if it's the same shitty polymer and finish they used to make the 2nd generation of DS, it'll be a fingerprint and scratch magnet. Which is not cool for a handheld.

Quote:
2) I haven't heard any complaints about the case's durability on news sites.
Like I give a fuck what the news sites say. I won't use a "Nintendo bias OMG" defense here, either. I'll wait until review units go out before I really make a decision.

As an aside though, they said it was almost too easy to slide the 3D switch, which reminds me a lot of the Gameboy contrast switch where it could slide around in your pocket when you weren't playing it and make you think you've gone blind when you turn the thing back on.

Quote:
3) I haven't seen any evidence of said flexing. Link plz.
I don't really care enough about the thing to make an argument against it. So I don't feel like giving evidence to support. What I see in photos and videos is flexing and imminent flexing, in my hands at least.
has a woody
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM       
But...I thought we were supposed to argue in this thread

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM       
I am. I'm just not providing sound evidence.

Your turn.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM       
I have more reason to believe that a lot of people will be disappointed in the 3ds due to the working viewing area than the design. It seems that it only has a small bubble that you can view the 3d-ness in before it either hurts your eyes and makes them cross-eyed, or gets really blurry. I can see people suing because their kid's vision went bad due to children these days being retarded and keeping playing it even though it's fucking up their eyes.
has a woody
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 02:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I am. I'm just not providing sound evidence.

Your turn.
"Nintendo has made nothing but super sturdy plastic casing for all of the products they've produced in the 20+ years that they've been around, and the 3DS isn't out for another year so the casing is subject to change like the original DS did, plus there have been no reports of poor case builds from any news site" seemed like a pretty solid argument to me :V

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM       
'Tis good. And like I said, if it's a pre-production model, no worries. I'd like to have it matte like the DSi, but that may be too much to hope for. The DSi rules.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM       
So Shadows of the Empire for the N64 looks absolutely identical to Morrowind's unmodded graphics

When I said Morrowind was like a beta of a game from 1996, I didn't realize I wasn't exaggerating. The difference is that Shadows isn't nearly as shit.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 06:51 PM       
Is there not an all-encompassing e3 thread?

This is hilarious: http://www.dorkly.com/video/1848/e3-dance-central-demo

That was very funny. Well done.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Is there not an all-encompassing e3 thread?

This is hilarious: http://www.dorkly.com/video/1848/e3-dance-central-demo
I dunno, I think that game could teach me some things. I can't dance worth a shit and although I don't actively go to dance clubs, after a bit of practice on there, I could see myself going and making a dick out of myself on a dance floor by pretty much copying the moves I learned on a game.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 12:27 PM       
FLAWLESS VICTORY!

has a woody
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 04:03 PM       
Here, someone fixed the Dance Central demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYtH28esTg

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 05:01 PM       
I got Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter on Steam because it's gotten to the point where it's cheaper to get it and the first episode again as part of a package deal. The only catch is that they don't let you have an extra license if you get an extra copy of a game in a package deal unless it's one of their special packages.

So fuck you, Steam.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 05:08 PM       
Yeah, it's a bummer. It's only when they explicitly state it.

Kinda fucked up.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM       
Hahahaha how many times is Steam gonna fuck you Dr. B? I quit them a long time ago.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 05:23 PM       
So far, just twice. The rest of it is just potential ways things could go wrong with digital downloads.

I was disappointed, but it was still cheaper to buy it that way than individually.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 08:53 PM       
I'm just still bitter about the 2 week delay in patches for COD : W@W. It made the game useless till they put out the patch.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 12:12 PM       
http://izismile.com/2010/06/30/how_g...k_21_pics.html
has a woody
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM       
Question: We have a medium where we can make ANYTHING, with tech that's constantly improving. Near limitless possibilities. Anything your imagination can come up with, you can make.

So why the fuck are so many people spending time on photorealism? The real world sucks.

Plus their graphics engines always get outrealism'd before the end of the year anyways.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM       
Valve's TF2 backstory comics are badass as fuck, I love them
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 04:17 PM       
I'm playing the MMZ Collection on my DS, its really fun.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 11:53 AM       
I bet none of you faggos ever beat em without cheating
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 03:40 AM       
i never even played them lol
Bubsy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Force View Post
I bet none of you faggos ever beat em without cheating
i'm the beat MMZ player ever so STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't worry i will try my best to be the imockery hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's play Hardball!
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 11:18 PM       
I will prove my superiority with youtube videos