Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Loveline
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM        Understanding Women
This thread is for learning.

This thread is for understanding.

This thread is not for jerking it, so save it for every other Loveline thread.

Pretty simple idea here: Guys post honest questions and then the ladies answer honestly. We discuss, and then we grow as a people on the internets.

So I guess I will kick this off!

I actually read some shit on yahoo.com earlier today about chivalry and the modern woman, and to be honest it was a little surprising. I might be a creep by some of these ladies' standards. So I am going to repost the exact same questions and see what you women have to say!

The scenario: We are walking into a building in front of you. Do we hold the door open?

We are seated on a packed train and you're standing next to us. Do we give up our seat?

A woman is lugging a large suitcase through the airport. Do we offer to help?

(If Yes to above question)Okay, so we lug the case up a staircase for you. We would love to keep helping, but now we've got our own flight to catch.

We pass a woman walking down the street, crying. Do we do anything?

It's late at night and we see you stumbling alone out of a bar, extremely drunk.

We are in a parking lot and see you fighting loudly with a man, probably your boyfriend. Do we intervene?

(If No to above question)We don't do anything, but then it starts to get physical -- we see him grab you by the arm...

We are at a bar when we see you being aggressively hit on by David Spade. What now?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
the way these questions are phrased makes me expect to be instructed to turn to a page number depending on my answer
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 10:25 PM       
Yeah, I dunno about going through and answering them one by one, as some of them aren't really phrased for answering, but I'll say:
I think the whole "you have to help her, she's a woman" thing is outmoded and outdated, not because I'm a raging feminazi, but because it makes it seem as if women don't have to be polite to men in the same way. So if you're in front of me, hold the door--because I'd hold it for you, not because I'm female. Same thing with helping with a heavy load, or being aggressively hit on by David Spade. The getting up from a seat on the bus thing is stupid, and I can't understand why a woman can't find a bathroom to have a good cry in; I would never cry in public.
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM       
So is being a gentlemen on dates considered uncool with the kids now days?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 10:51 PM       
Is it ok if men and women argue about what we feel we should do in these situations? Or are men only allowed to ask what women want from us? (in this thread)
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 10:59 PM       
Nothing is allowed in this thread, sorry

I only hold doors open for people if they're unable to open it themselves (carrying stuff, etc.) regardless of gender. Sorry ladies, but if I see you being hit on by David Spade I'd probably wouldn't do anything about it but kick myself for not having a cell phone that can record videos

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 11:03 PM       
I treat women like human beings. If they can open a door or stand on the bus, than that's how it goes. I don't support women being weak for attention.
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM       
On dates seems to be something different from what MattJack was asking; if appeared as if he was asking what one does in a normal everyday, run into a woman kind of situation. Because we're like bears in the wild, we don't appear in public often.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 02:31 AM       
I am asking in general, and pick the ones you want to answer.

TOO MANY DICKS TALKING IN HERE TOO
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 09:42 AM       
I like adopting women, training them to be slobs, then releasing them unto the rest of the male community. As a service.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM       
Yeah, but you only do that with the ethnic women.

That was very funny. Well done.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 08:19 PM       
The scenario: We are walking into a building in front of you. Do we hold the door open?
Answer: I always thought holding the door open for anyone exiting or entering said doorway was good etiquette.

We are seated on a packed train and you're standing next to us. Do we give up our seat?
Answer: Only if she looks like she's in pain, if she's old, if she's pregnant, or if she's carrying a ton of crap. Or if you just want to be nice. It's not necessary to give up your seat, but it's a very nice thing to do.

Answer: Personally, I'd rather not have anyone touching my travel bags, but again it's a nice gesture.

(If Yes to above question)Okay, so we lug the case up a staircase for you. We would love to keep helping, but now we've got our own flight to catch.
Answer: RUN

Answer: It's probably best if you stayed out of it and let her be. If you make eye contact, possibly ask if she is ok, but leaving her alone is in your best interest 99% of the time.

It's late at night and we see you stumbling alone out of a bar, extremely drunk.
Answer: Make sure she gets a cab ALONE unless you want to come along to make sure she gets home ok.

We are in a parking lot and see you fighting loudly with a man, probably your boyfriend. Do we intervene?
Answer: No, if she's yelling with her boyfriend in public he's probably the type that would give you a black eye for intruding.

(If No to above question)We don't do anything, but then it starts to get physical -- we see him grab you by the arm...
Answer: Do something then, whatever you think the appropriate thing is that won't land you in jail.

We are at a bar when we see you being aggressively hit on by David Spade. What now?
Answer: He's kinda shrimpy and not a real threat to most girls. He'll eventually get a face full of mace or something of the like if this scenario were to happen.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 12:43 AM       
I think it's always the right thing to do regardless of gender or even age. I hold the door open for belligerant teenagers as well, and most even thank me!

I agree with CiG that only if she looks like she's in pain or pregnant, otherwise do what you would do for anyone of that age or if they are carrying bags, regardless of gender. If you do, with no provocation, give up your seat and continue to try to talk to said woman, she'll try to figure out if you're a creep or not, so don't be too chivalrous.

Only if it looks like she is honestly having trouble with them. If she says no thanks, don't ask again.

Same as CiG, run to your own flight.

Most women would rather you not help. If they're crying in public where there are other places they could easily cry, she might be looking for the attention of someone they know or are there with. Otherwise, you'll just case an unwanted scene.

Help her to a cab, but unless you have been talking with her and somewhat know her, i wouldn't recommend going with her. She might come out of the drunken stupor just enough to notice she's not in the bar anymore and in a cab going somewhere with a stranger.

No. You'll just cause it to be worse.

Yes, intervene then. There's no place that a guy should handle his girl like that, unless it's the bedroom and that's the way she wants it.

If you want to be nice, and you really think you're more attractive, you can interupt nicely to see if the girl takes the out, but again, only give it one try.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:20 AM       
Guys, just show it to her.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:25 AM       
I'm the guy that makes other guys have to make sure she gets in the cab alone.
Filipino Humorist
saizo_ogasawara is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 03:25 AM       
If I pass by a woman crying, if she's my age, I'd take her someplace to cry it out.
If it's some older lady, I'd just pat her back and say "It's gonna be okay."
If it's a younger one, I'd slap them out of annoyance (prepubescent female crying triggers an automatic response in my hands.).
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 09:14 AM       
Just show it to her, guys
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
I don't get why you're trying to think of all these ways to attract women. Just rape 'em

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 08:57 PM       
It seems like the women have answered the original questions. HOW ABOUT SOME MORE, GUYS, OR ARE YOU TOO INSENSITIVE TO CARE ;_;
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
Yeah, what the fuck does it mean when a girl seems really, really uninterested in being around a guy and then keeps calling him at midnight
The Wolf
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Means she wants to use you for talking because non of her girl friends are as sensitive as you. Wuss.

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 09:57 PM       
You may have fallen into the friends territory. If you're too much of a friend, you really do go there, but if you're there long enough, there's a chance of coming back strong when they realize "OH WE'VE LOVED EACH OTHER ALL THIS TIME IT MUST BE DESTINY"

If you're not in the friends territory, you might just be being fucked with.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
You may have fallen into the friends territory. If you're too much of a friend, you really do go there, but if you're there long enough, there's a chance of coming back strong when they realize "OH WE'VE LOVED EACH OTHER ALL THIS TIME IT MUST BE DESTINY"

If you're not in the friends territory, you might just be being fucked with.
Please delete my female appreciation thread.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
You may have fallen into the friends territory. If you're too much of a friend, you really do go there, but if you're there long enough, there's a chance of coming back strong when they realize "OH WE'VE LOVED EACH OTHER ALL THIS TIME IT MUST BE DESTINY".
Ah yes, the "Ducky" Hypothesis.

Anyway, I'll answer the questions:

Yes, but that goes for men, too.

Depends on the woman. Weak-looking old lady? Sure. Some chick yelling into a cell phone while cradling her tiny, useless dog in her other hand? Hell no.

No. I don't want some weirdo walking up to me at the airport.

Does walking away while wondering, "what's her problem?" count as doing something?

A stranger walking up to a drunk chick at night? Not unless I feel compelled to get maced and have the twins crushed.

No, let them figure out what their problem is.

Yes. Call the cops, take a picture, say something, etc.

The guy got a Playboy Playmate pregnant, and then said he didn't want to have anything to do with her. If that isn't hint enough for you to avoid dating him, I don't think there's anything I can do to help you.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm more inclined to just leave people be. Most of the time, here in the big city, that's all people really want.

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:01 PM       
I think I'd prefer the "being fucked with" option better, I don't even remember anything that we've talked about